Beach Towels

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • May 15, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A place I'm going to be visiting has a rule that you need to bring your own beach towels. They don't want you to use their good, white towels for beach towels. I don't blame them, but I don't even own a set of beach towels any more.

The kids usually just grab one of the older towels we still have around, because I don't like to use the good towels for the lake or the pool.

I don't really want to drag old towels along on my getaway though, so I was thinking of picking up a couple of new beach towels. Where is a good place to get some decent ones for a reasonable price?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sure you can get some at Kohl's as they usually always have towels on offer. I have a few bath sheets that double up as beach towels and sometimes take a couple of sarongs that also double up as beach towels.

I'm sure Marshall's have a selection, but it varies store to store.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart sometimes marks their beach towels down to $3 but even at full price they're still cheap.
    They also have $1 flip flops that are cute.

4. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    I typically look at Kohls, Walmart, and Target for clothes shopping. The last few beach towels I got were from Kohls, and they are holding up very well. Definitely would recommend shopping of these at Kohls. Target is pretty good as well, though the last time I bought towels from them was over five years ago. Walmart's more of a mixed-bag, some of their towels' quality is bad, others are good enough. Do you research, is what I suggest.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, I hadn't thought of Kohl's. Thanks. There isn't one near me, but I can check online. I might also go have a look at TJ Maxx.

I don't have Target here either, but I can look at Walmart. Yes, it is hit or miss. Your Walmart must have some great deals, ACSAPA. I don't think I've seen beach towels for that cheap, unless it was post season. Heck, I might just pick up a couple of regular, large bath towels or bath sheets if I can't find what I want. We will likely need some beach towels for the rest of the summer anyway.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We normally bring our own towels when we go to the beach resort. This is for hygienic purposes. There was a time, so many years ago, when a relative contracted eczema, a certain skin disease. Upon investigation, the beach towel provided by the resort was the main suspect. So there.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really worry too much about the appearance of my beach towels, as long as they aren't too faded and frazzled. I much prefer spending the money that I would spend on new towels on some interesting food or activity at my holiday destination. :)

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For sure. That's why I'm looking for a good deal. I can certainly think of much better, more fun ways to spend money than on buying new beach towels. I just don't really have any to bring (the old ones we had have pretty much been worn out by the kids. One is even ripped, so rag bag). I may just pick up a couple cheap bath towels to use and call it a day. Though, like I said, we will probably need them again some time, so it might be worth getting a couple. Ugh.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yeah, fortunately this time of year, beach towels are offered at most places. I would check stores like Walmart and dollar stores for some good deals this time of year.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, but the ones I've seen have been a little pricey, in my opinion. I've seen some that are very pretty, but I'm not paying those prices. I'm thinking ten bucks or less is plenty for a beach towel.

I haven't seen any in dollar stores. Do you mean like Dollar General and others that have stuff that's over a buck? I can't imagine that they'd have them at Dollar Tree or anything, or if they do, they probably wouldn't hold up very well.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yes, I meant he ones like Dollar General, Five Below, etc. Not the ones that are "only a dollar." You should easily be able to get some for under $10.