Beats By Dre (the Pill)

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JoanMcWench • Feb 14, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit I am not impressed with this guy. I got this as a gift from someone who owns the headphones & thought it would be a great thing to mount on my bike. The sentiment was appreciated but the sound was sub par. For something that costs so much you would think that sound would be of the utmost importance in creating this thing but it seems they put more work into the box it came in instead. I have a cheap plug & play speaker I have been using for years that has louder AND better sound quality.

Are people just blindly paying for the name here? I've heard the headphones & find they sound pretty good but the Pill sounds like it was made by a completely different company. Have you had a similar experience with this thing?

2. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    You are not the first one that I have seen a negative review on these. I know that they are supposed to be one of the new and upcoming items, but I have to say I was not impressed when I read about them. With that being said, I think I will have to listen to the information that everyone is giving and pass on these. Thank you for the information because I am in the market for new headphones!

3. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    The Beats series has been overly hyped up and it is clearly overrated. They are priced ridiculously high, just for the brand. You can purchase a better quality speaker for much cheaper. However, seeing that this was a gift, it IS better than nothing. You can probably sell it on eBay for the same price though. I bought a pair of the Beats Studios. They were not even close to the quality of my gaming headset.

4. Harmony Lassen

Harmony LassenNew Member

Threads:
    My opinion is that you really are paying for only his name. Even the headphones, which are definitely better quality than the pill, aren't worth as much as you pay for them. You can easily buy blue tooth headphones for far cheaper with the same sound quality. I have a friend who bought a pair for $70 that exceed Dre headphones in almost every aspect. I say just stay away from any Dr. Dre products.