Beauty box

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by amy005 • Apr 22, 2013.

1. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone subscribed to any beauty boxes? I've recently discovered all kinds of different beauty box subscriptions and ended up subscribing to way more then I should have.. but I did use promo codes and feel like I am getting a great deal on most! If you don't know what they are, they are typically "surprise" boxes you receive each month, or just for one moth to try it out, and you receive a variety of skin, hair and make up products. Typically you receive 4-5 deluxe sample, normal sample and full sized products in each box. The boxes also always have a much higher retail value then what you pay for them

2. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Yes, I actually did. I subscribed to a local beauty box which is also quite popular in the city where I live. After a long and tiring day, the sight of the beauty box in my front door just easily faded my stress away. I mean, being a girl, I would rather see that than a bunch of flowers form my partner (but if he is that sweet, then it's a bonus, too!). I would excitedly open it and like a little girl, my anticipation was so high for I had no idea what I would be getting from the box. I admit that I got addicted to it. Imagine, just a minimal subscription fee equals happiness found in cosmetics, perfumes, and other girl stuff. But as times went by, I noticed the dwindling of the number of items included in the box, and to my dismay, the items were more on the unknown brands than the known ones. I am not saying that I am not using unbranded stuff, but for the price every month that I have to pay for subscription, the poor content of the box these days is not worth it. I still is subscribed, but having second thoughts of renewing it when it expires. Needless to say, I am not as happy as I used to be. Now, I would rather see bunch of flowers from my partner, rather than the beauty box.

3. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I love receiving the box as well, especially when I am feeling down. It is kind of silly that something like a beauty box with items I didn't even pick out myself can really brighten my day lol. I have only received one so far that I plan on cancelling and have subscribed to two others for May that I will decide if I want to continue depending on the contents of it. I have heard that the items start to get worse after the initial first boxes as well, but some seem worth it. We will see!