Beauty Products from the Kitchen

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Athenagdlyt • Apr 27, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The kitchen pantry is a good source of beauty products. Not only do we find natural ingredients, they're also cheap.

The common ones I use are the following:

- Used brewed coffee granules can also function as body scrubs. Salt can also be used the same way.
    - Mayonnaise has been known to be excellent hair conditioners
    - Sugar and honey can be used as a facial scrub
    - Olive oil as well as virgin coconut oil can function as skin moisturizers

What other beauty products can come from the kitchen?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen several shows on tv that show how to use things from the kitchen as beauty products like the coffee grounds mixed with honey and oatmeal to scrub your skin. Rubbing a lemon on your skin is also refreshing to the skin.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mother taught me a technique for making organic facial masks. She recommended combining mashed banana peel with avocado meat. After the two ingredients are mixed thoroughly, you're supposed to apply the mixture on your face and leave it there for 15 to 30 minutes. When time's up, you should wash your face, first with water followed by mild facial wash for a clean finish. Other beauty products you can grab from the kitchen are cucumber slices for your eyes and an aspirin mask.

4. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    Corn flour is also a great product for making your own body scrub. Just mix it with your shower gel and scrub away. For your face you can use baking soda, rubbing it gently onto your skin and then rinse away. Baking soda is also great for your teeth, it cleans well, but be careful not to swallow it.
    Please be careful and whatever you do, do not use lemon juice on your face!

5. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Turmeric mixed in with greek yogurt makes for a very wonderful moisturizing pack. My wife uses them together with slices of cucumber for her eyes. She also uses lemon juice as an astringent for the face and neck.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use turmeric with apple cider vinegar for my weekly mask; it helps even out skin tone.

Cucumber slices help with puffy eyes, reduces the bags.

Honey makes for a very good facial mask.

Beaten eggs are not only good as hair conditioner, but also as a facial mask.

Oh, the list is endless :)

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've heard that olive oil is very good on the scalp although I never really experimented on it myself. I tend not to be a big believer of these things as majority of them are old wives tales but I'm sure that a handful of them really do work. I think mint is also good for freshening up your breath quickly and naturally.

8. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried olive oil for my hair and the only result I had was an extra greasy scalp that only went away after half a bottle of shampoo. Maybe I did something wrong, as I have heard many people recommending oil for your scalp and hair. Can anyone here give some detailed instructions on how to use it?

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have caucasian hair, this may not be the best option for you, to be honest; because your hair tends to produce quite a lot of grease on its own. IDK, I could be wrong. I know it works like magic on Afro hair as my scalp gets VERY dry. I hope someone can shed some light on this. Maybe you could focus on the hair, especially the dry ends?

10. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    I do have caucasian hair, but the olive oil advice I got from caucasians as well. My hair is not especially greasy, it can last up to 4 days if I don't put any product in it and I have a little problem with overall dry skin, so my scalp is moderately dry as well. But it does make a lot of sense what you are saying.

11. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Cool article, bro!:D

12. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have become addicted to the salt, honey, and lemon juice facial scrub. My face has ever looked this good. As a matter of fact, I have quit using foundation on my face at all. I also use vinegar and water on my hair about once a month. I have an oily scalp and it works miracles on my hair. I always look up these " beauty home remedies" before I will spend the money on a store bought beauty product.

13. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I brush my teeth with baking soda mixed with my toothpaste. It surely does whiten my teeth. I also use baking soda as my deodorant because I get irritations with commercial ones. Plus, it's unscented.