Bed Bath And Beyond Slow Shipping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Dec 9, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ordered an item 6 days ago online from Bed Bath and Beyond. Usually, companies strive to make delivery quicker during the holidays, so I expected that my item would be here by now, or at least today or tomorrow. However, I was shocked to receive an email earlier stating that my item has been dispatched to the Fed Ex center for shipment. What?? It's been six days, and they're just now getting around to sending it to Fed Ex, so that Fed Ex can then deliver it to me? It seems someone was asleep at the wheel. I received a package yesterday that shipped the day before via Fed Ex, so obviously the issue isn't on Fed Ex's part.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Diane Lane! That's just shoddy, and I do hope you got an explanation about the hold up, as well as an apology. I've heard sometimes it's due to there being no stock; not that particular seller, just in general. A lot of online stores supposedly advertise their wares as being available, when in actual fact, they don't have any in stock! I do hope that you've now received your order and you are happy with it :)

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what is going on with some companies lately, but you are still lucky to have a short-delayed delivery @Diane Lane@Diane Lane, that hopefully don't go beyond Christmas.

Knowing this time of the year can be troublesome for delivery, I placed an order back on November 8, just to get an email early this month making me aware of a delay related to the item provider (they said) and not knowing how long would take my package to arrive but they would send me an update about this, and it was then more than 20 days behind the supposed delivery date.

Today is over a month since, and I haven't received any update by email, and much less the package at home :mad:

4. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Ugh, I had that happen about a month ago on eBay, @Lushlala@Lushlala. The purchase when through just fine, then the seller contacted me to say they weren't sure if the item would be delivered or not, because although it showed shipped, it didn't provide them with a tracking number, so they weren't even sure if I was going to get the item. They refunded my money, and said if it arrived I could go ahead and re-pay. It hasn't arrived, and I still need to replace the item. I was holding off just in case it did eventually arrive, but it's been quite a while now.

Regarding the item above, it did arrive, but was placed over my gate, out in the elements, and the box wasn't even sealed, so it (cloth item) got damp...ugh. I'm very unhappy with the delivery, but am very happy with the item itself.

@MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint Ugh, that's atrocious! I think you should tell them you want your money refunded, at least partially, if not in full. That's so ridiculous making you wait all that time. I'm glad I got my item, but I had to let it dry out before I could use it!

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh @Diane Lane, what a nightmare! At least they did respond and refunded your money. I take it this is an American seller? I have a feeling you won't receive the item, sadly. I mean, it's been going on for forever now. -and if it does eventually arrive, if I were the seller, I'd tell you to have it free as a goodwill gesture, to make up for your inconvenience.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm tying to get my money refunded, but they say to have fulfilled the order and it's all about the provider that ran out of merchandise but in one moment or another the delivery will be made. Worst thing is that I'm not the only one into this.

Such reply was probably a canned email sent to a list of buyers, because it brought to my inbox a series replies afterward, all of them from other consumers complaining about the same.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them, the few times I've ordered items from them they generally arrived in a timely manner. In fact the last time they shipped something to me, they did it for free in addition to giving me the discounts from the coupons I had. I went in there last February looking to buy an iced tea maker I saw on their site. When I got there they explained to me that it was a seasonal item and they don't normally carry those that time of year. But the store associate offered to order it for me online and she even didn't charge me for the shipping, as well as let me use my 20% off coupon. So I didn't get the item instantly, but it did arrive within a few days at no extra cost to me.

8. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I've never had an issue with them before! I usually buy most items in store but occasionally I have to order something online. I don't remember it being extra slow.
    This is one of my favorite stores. Their customer service is great and they have such a great selection of items at different quality and price points. They have a great return policy if something breaks as well.

9. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint Did you ever get the issue resolved?

I do love BBB's products, selection and discount coupons. I wish there was a store closer to me, because I'd definitely shop there more often, budget permitting. I'm still happy with my product. I use it pretty much every day, and I'm holding onto the coupon I just received in the mail, since the holidays are coming. I'll probably pick up a few gifts in the fall, and the rest closer to Christmas.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh that's shoddy customer service, and with the way they're carrying on, this is likely to affect their reputation! Or maybe they're just so arrogant, they don't believe that a few complaints can touch them. For me, it's just not enough them saying the item will eventually be delivered, because they really should commit to a specific timeframe. Either that or at least give you a refund, because clearly they aren't honouring their end of the bargain. They set the expectations, which they've failed to follow through with. I do hope that there's a happy ending for you :)

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like that store too, but I don't often get to it. I think BBB is a bit beyond my price range right now, but I do enjoy their products. I They have some good store specials, and the coupons make it worthwhile to shop there. I think the reason your delivery was delayed, was because of the holidays. I have had some strange things happen over Christmas, in terms of deliveries, and your would fit the pattern.

12. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I cannot really say that I am too surprised here. Companies like this are not just suited for the fast and overnight deliveries that other companies are. It is just a matter of having distributors and suppliers in the right places, and for smaller firms it is harder to do. I would say as long as you plan for it it should really be no big deal, and I like the fact they have the online option to begin with.

13. Ellen

EllenNew Member

Threads:
    BBB is struggling a little financially from what I understand. So it is likely they will not have as much stock as normal. I would bet that is why the late shipment. It can be tough keeping a big outfit like that in perfect order