Beef Liver Or Chicken Liver

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pafjlh • Feb 21, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I know when to comes to eating it odd are some will say no liver at all. After all, Liver can be slimey when uncooked and dry when cooked. So, what is there to like about it as meat. Well, there are some of us who do like Liver be it beef or chicken, so I thought I would ask the question which do you prefer if you do like Liver that is.

I tend to prefer the Chicken Liver myself. I have found that this one if prepared right isn't a dry as it could be. Also, Chcken Liver isn't as stringy as the Beef Liver can be. So, which type of liver do you prefer, or do you stand with the contingent that say no Liver at all.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Chicken liver for me, it's smaller and much easier to handle. I've found that cutting out the veins helps to reduce the metallic flavor, and it's much easier to perform on chicken/pork livers than beef livers as they tend to be smaller.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    When I was coming up, the common way to get rid of the bitter aftertaste in beef liver was to soak in milk. I need to eat more liver for the iron but find myself running out of recipes. One way is to use a fried chicken batter mix (I prefer spicy) and cook the pieces like chicken strips.

4. ScipioPro

ScipioProMember

Threads:
    I would have to say chicken > Beef for any product. Beef is extremely tough and as such your body can't digest it easily. No this is not a myth. Coming from someone who has taken forensic anatomy classes with a professor who cut up dead bodies for a living, I can tell you that beef can stay in your systems for days or even weeks.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chicken livers have a taste which I've found to be not-all-that-pleasant. While beef liver doesn't taste any better, depending on how cook it's cooked, it could end up being somewhat delicious. With chicken livers though my attempts to transform them into something tasty all my efforts so far have remained largely unrewarded.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I choose beef liver over chicken liver any day or night of the week! Chicken liver is hard to chew in texture and not flavorful even with added spices. Beef liver does have a texture that is well rounded in structure and can be cooked in various ways. More over, between beef and chicken livers, the former has more to eat from with one serving.