Benefits from having clothing store credit cards

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dazzlingblue • Nov 25, 2013.

1. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    Do you own any cards issued by any particular clothing retailer? Are there perks that you take advantage of that are offered because you own that card?

I've had a Banana Republic card for years (which owned by Gap, Inc.). It allows for free shipping on any item for the entire brand, but my favorite perk from having the card is the free basic alteration. I'm a little too short to wear pants cut in the regular sizes (and the petites are cut a little too short to wear Heels), so it's great to be able to buy nice pants or jeans on sale and to then get them all hemmed.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I do have a Forever21 Card and I have to say that I have gotten some pretty sweet discounts using it. Especially with the reward points of my card deal. I always carry it with me just in case the shopping bug hits me.

3. downloadsincomplete

downloadsincompleteMember

Threads:
    Don't forget about the upgraded Luxe card at Banana Republic.

In addition to free shipping and basic alterations, you get cash back when you purchase items. They sent out coupons pretty much weekly, and with Luxe you get more coupons that can be used in conjunction with those. They also gave me a $25 coupon when it was my birthday, and another similar coupon, maybe $10, when it was my Luxe anniversary. And plus, the staff are more accommodating.

I believe the minimum to be eligible for Luxe is $800 spent in one year.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had clothing store credit cards, but I do know what they are. I mean the ones I know about all have some type of rewards program with them.