Best Biographies

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Sep 16, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm posting this here instead of the movie or book section because I'm kind of looking for both either. I wouldn't mind either watching a documentary or reading a book on someone's life as long as it's compelling enough. So far, one of the best biographical movies I've watched is Into The Wild, of which I think is based on a book of a similar title, but I haven't read that yet. I'm kind of looking for similar stories of people who went through adventures or more or less just non typical hardships like addiction, but those are welcome too just so that other members could benefit from this thread as well.

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    A recent movie documentary I watched was "Get on Up" about James Brown. Movie felt really authentic and there was just a lot of great information about who Brown was as a person and musician.

Sticking with a music theme here, but "Ray" featuring Jamie Foxx was also one of the best movie documentaries about a person that I've ever seen. Great music and very authentic with the story-telling. And most importantly, very accurate.