Best Brand For Cheap Eyeshadow

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Sep 9, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm going to be buying a good amount of eyeshadow in the near future and after researching I've noticed that the best ones are really expensive. I'm looking for a brand that looks like what a professional would use but hopefully won't cost as much. So far, one that I found that I think is good and still within around mid range price is Maybelline, but if you guys have any better suggestions I'd love to hear them. If it were even cheaper than maybelline then that would be even better!

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like Wet ’n’ Wild and NYX eyeshadows. That said, I have actually found it’s better to splurge on a good eyeshadow primer. The NYX one I’m currently using works well for intensifying eyeshadow colors, but it’s only good for preventing creasing if I use a precise amount. It’s not as consistent in that respect as Urban Decay Primer Potion was for me. A good primer will make most cheap shadows look amazing.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of an eyeshadow primer. I don't wear makeup that much these days, since I'm mainly at home, and on a tight budget. I'll have to look around for a good deal on the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I know I've seen Urban Decay products on sale on eBay, and the sellers seem legitimate, not as if they'd sell counterfeit products, as so many seem to do. I agree with @LeopardJones@LeopardJones with regard to using better skincare products (which I would classify an eyeshadow primer as) underneath makeup, and then spending less on the actual cosmetics themselves.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I love Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow palettes too. They are super affordable but deliver so well. They can last the whole day on my lids with a primer. My sister loves Sleek eyeshadow palettes. These are also very affordable and they have a variety of palettes that you can choose from. Problem is, not all palettes are good. You have to search for which palettes have good reviews. I also agree with eyeshadow primer as a good investment. The cheaper ones from Elf and Etude House are okay for day to day makeup.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cheap eyeshadows that are also good quality or one of the easiest make up items to find. There are many brands that have good quality eyeshadows for a bargain. I really like Wet N Wild eyeshadows and also Maybelline and Revlon.

6. LeopardJones

Threads:
    Eyeshadow primer changed my life when I first started using it. Despite having gone through that mid-20s hormonal shift that dried out my skin a bit, my lids can still get pretty oily, especially in hot weather. My eyeshadow had NEVER looked good all day and night before. It was pretty shocking.

And yes, I’ve always subscribed to the theory of spending a bit more on skincare and base products. The other stuff doesn’t need to be so expensive. Three of my five favorite lipsticks are drugstore brands (two are Rimmel, one is Revlon).

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine are definitely dry, and I am also looking to obtain some eyeshadows that aren't sparkly, which are difficult to find. I think adding the primer to the mix would help a great deal, not only in appearance and performance, but would also make me feel better, overall. I always feel better when I have a nice feeling, good quality product on.

8. LeopardJones

Threads:
    I feel you on the matte eyeshadows, a good one seems hard to find! But there’s a great neutral matte palette at Target, the Sonia Kashuk one. So good, it was out of stock for months before I could get my hands on one. I did have to drop $20ish bucks on it, but that’s still cheaper than any of the Urban Decay palettes I lust after, haha. And I use it almost daily, so it’s been some of the best $20ish bucks I’ve spent in the last year.