Best brand of computer?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by justusforus • Jan 5, 2014.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I have a tower in my home office and have had many brands over the year. My favorite for reliablility and service is Dell. For a bargain set up, I have had good luck with E Machines. I know some people have systems custom made, but I would like to know what has been your experience with the name brand personal computers and why.

2. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    In my opinion Dell is the most reliable and long lasting. I had an Acer desktop once and it broke in less than five years. I have a Dell laptop that I've been using for over eight years and it's still going strong other than the display failing but that's expected.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I think Dell is the most reliable brand I can actually count on as far as getting a Windows computer goes. I do like Apple because I have a Macbook, which I have been using it for about 10 years. If I were going to pick a nice computer now, I would pick Dell for the brand and I have found the hardware and the build-quality is very sturdy.

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually typing this from a Dell and haven't had any problems, the thing boots up pretty fast for a machine its age and is perfectly fine for browsing the web and doing everything I need to do. As happy as I am with it though I wouldn't choose it over another brand, I usually buy $50 2nd hand ancient desktops and use them for a few years before they break or I move on to something else. In terms of best brand I'd really get a custom built if I was worried about reliability/performance, but really any brand works for me, they all basically have the same parts inside them anyway. All you're paying for is customer support and a brand logo.

5. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I love my Dell as well! I had an HP and one day I woke up and it would not turn on, it did nothing! I never could figure out what happened to it and finally just replaced it. It was the strangest thing though! I have had no problems what so ever with my Dell!

6. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Though I had advocated for Dell some times back, I want to change that position. I've found Dell to have USB Port unresponsiveness that equates to nothing. I've since jumped to sing Compaq brand. It has a good power supply and solves my Removal Device problems automatically.

I vote Compaq for now.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best brand IMO would be Samsung. I've used a number of electronics and computers made by Samsung and over the years I've come to realize that their products are pretty decent. I've not had any issues with my new Samsung notebook so I'd definitely say, Samsung is the best.

8. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Dell is a good brand with some of the worst customer service and support known to man. They have good machines and are very well situated; but they need to seriously sort their asses out when it comes to helping out their customers.

I won't be going back to Dell from my experiences.

9. salinawilliam18

salinawilliam18New Member

Threads:
    Yeah DELL was always fine for me too, their services are also good.

10. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I've noticed HP's quality has been very good for the last years. Acer has gone downhill (horrible keyboards in the last models), Apple is overpriced, Dell is only for business, ...

If I would buy a new laptop, HP is the first brand I'm going to look at. I don't like how all manufacturers are trying to make touch screens in laptops happen. I really don't see the use for that except that you practically need it to use Windows 8.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think HP, Acer, and Dell are quite durable brands. Although I have read many people say that HP has caused them many troubles even if it is brand new, but from my experience that's not the case. I think the American HP stock are the ones liable to have problems.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like Apple, Toshiba, and Lenovo. I don't know which one would be considered the best brand, but I'd say Apple probably takes that title for the non-budget type of purchases, and probably Lenovo would get my vote for budget friendly electronics. All of these brands, I've found to be very durable, and the one I really have a problem liking would be Acer, since I had a bad experience with one of their products because they tend to use cheap plastic and it just broke and fell apart after a while. Although I'm not sure if they still do so to this day, since I've never really bought any of their products ever since.

13. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    It will all depend on what you want to do with the machine. Personally I would go for a Mac. They are expensive to buy at first but trust me their performance is way better than other brands.

14. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    The last time I checked Apple computers (be they laptops, tablets or desktops) are always overpriced. Overpriced because what trusted reviews say is quite the opposite of what the company and fans would have non-users like me believe.

15. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I own an Apple Macbook and I've had it for about 2 and a half years. I have yet to experience a problem with it and with that being said, I think that this brand is one of the more reliable brands. I know a few people who own dell computers as well, but they also had small issues with them. My brother owns an Asus laptop and thus far it is excellent (he's only had it for about a month though). The only thing that I dislike is the Windows 8, it is very annoying. Other than that I can't complain.

16. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know. i think it depends on what you are looking for. Generally i have always herd great things about the quality of Dell computers. However i have never owned one. Simply because quality is not the only important factor to me. I want a computer that is affordable, as well as good quality. I know that i will not get the quality of Dell for cheap, but that is Ok. I will settle for an inferior computer for the right price. I think Asus, Has the best balance.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loved my first Dell, however the second was really poor quality, it was made of really cheap plastic and came with a problem with the wireless connection. So I went and exchanged it for an ASUS. I love my ASUS, I think the quality is better. Lenovo is also a great brand. I haven't had luck with HP or Sony Vaio, so I will stick with ASUS and Lenovo,

18. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    If budget isn't an issue, I would say apple is the best. I cannot think of any brand that has a better performance than apple. If you want to buy something cheaper, then it has to be dell. They make some of the best computers out there.

19. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    I have to say Toshiba, hands down. They build rugged, dependable machines. They can 'take a lickin and keep on tickin' as they say. I still have one that just needs a hard drive replaced and it would still run fine, it's about 16 years old.