Best Business Computer

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by joe128139 • Jul 1, 2012.

1. joe128139

joe128139New Member

Threads:
    I'm on the hunt for a new laptop. It will mostly be used for word processing, accounting, internet usage, and some light gaming. What fits the mold of a good overall computer that would ideally be under around $750?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    For laptops, nowadays, I think Lenovo is the most reliable. I've had laptops from some of the older brands like Toshiba and HP and Dell, but they all failed me one way or another. After a few years, if it is not the screen that will give out, then it's the charger, and if it's not that then it's going to be something else. My Lenovo, on the other hand, has been with me for two years and I can safely say that it has outlasted and outperformed all of my other branded laptops by a mile in terms of performance and durability.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recommend Lenovo too. They are very reliable and dependable. They are a bit on the pricey side, but are worth it. I have two Thinkpads that may outlive me. j/k. Every so often, Lenovo has special deals on their website.

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Have a look at the toshiba notebook satellites, they're really popular for business usage and not really for gaming like other laptops. Mine cost £500 about 4 years ago and it's still working as it was then, really hardy and reliable. Although, you do need to have them cleaned every year or so because they do have a slight problem with overheating if you don't. If you keep the vents clean then you wont have any problems at all.

5. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    If you're willing to spend $750 then I'd highly recommend a Dell laptop, which has been primarily for business use. It's lasted me for four years and has been in very good shape. Four years later, I'm sure the laptops are even better now. Go with a Dell and you'll never look for another computer brand. I know I won't. Good luck!

6. Svoboda

SvobodaNew Member

Threads:
    At that price point, you're pretty much stuck with the lower to mid market laptops from Dell, HP, Lenovo and the like. I've owned laptops from all of those mentioned and I would recommend Lenovo due to their build quality -- I believe they built at mil-spec levels on some models AKA they're built like tanks. If there was a brand I wouldn't recommend, it would be HP. My last HP laptop had 7 warranty calls in the matter of 8 months, 4 for the same issue that was "fixed" multiple times.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    $750 is a lot of money and am sure you will get a nice laptop with that amount of money. I think you can buy a Lenovo or Acer laptop. They are both cheap and can lat for a long time on their battery life. The other option would be a Toshiba the only problem is that it is kind of plastic so I would stay away from it unless it is the last option that I have.