best buy

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by gmckee1985 • Nov 5, 2014.

1. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    any thoughts on this mega retailer? they've pretty much driven every other major competitor out of business. i guess their competition is really wal-mart and target at this point. i'm a fan of their stories. their employees can a be a bit too "in your face" at times, but you can't beat the selection and the prices are pretty solid. overall, i have to give them a thumbs up. mostly because they carry everything and have nice stores that allow you to be hands on in terms of trying products out.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I've never had to worry about a Best Buy employee being too in my face. I usually have to go get one when I really need or want something, but to be honest, I kind of like that balance. I can see a crowd of them in the store, but still browse as I would like until I need to speak to one.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like that they're more "in your face" now. The last time I went to buy a computer related product, there was no one to be found. They're not too pushy from when I went in there a few weeks ago. They're very helpful.

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like going to Best Buy. More times than not, they have what I am looking for at the store. The sales associates are always so helpful and nice that I always want to buy something even if I'm just browsing. There aren't that many stores that I can say that about because the customer service isn't satisfactory.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    What I mean by "in your face" is that they really respond quickly when you come into a store. Usually as soon as I start looking at a product someone comes over and asks me if they can help me. I guess that's a good thing, it can just get a bit annoying at times. I'm someone who likes to do most of the research when buying a product by myself. I don't like being pushed into buying something or having a lot of people hover over me while I'm looking at a product.

6. smartdude966

smartdude966New Member

Threads:
    Best Buy is a monopoly when it comes to major electronics retailers. They give you the best deals and great service. They always have the latest and greatest technological gadgets, every time I go inside a best buy store I am not disappointed. You can get the best buy card that lets you get your expensive item and make monthly payments to pay it off. I love the store so much that I applied to work there and got the job. It is a fantastic job if your interested in technology.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a new phone at Best Buy this week. They had the phone that I wanted on sale. It's the only reason I bought from them. I waited in line for 15 minutes just to purchase my phone. Actually, I was in line for ten minutes then left. I was starving so I went to eat. I was the only person in line at that point, but everyone's transactions were taking so long. So I spent about 25 minutes waiting.

They weren't able to port my old phone number in so I did it myself at home. I purchased a prepaid phone.

Overall, I give them a "C". I had good service once I reached the register, but the waiting was a big negative.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I've banned myself from Best Buy, the business sucks and their prices are ridiculous. Also, I dislike their Geek Squad and their whole approach on customer service. If I have to go to a electronic store physically, I rather choose other vendors instead, where I can find a true best buy for my money.

9. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've noticed that when I go into Best Buy they are always fairly busy - no matter the time of day. I've never had any problems with the employees being very pushy or annoying. I usually walk in and am immediately greeted, then as I walk throughout the store I will be asked if I need help. When I say "no", the employees tell me to let them know if i have any questions and then they go about their business. I've never encountered any pushy employees and it makes me come back time after time. I can't stand shopping in stores where I'm not left alone to go about my business. It drives me crazy.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been considering working there but just like every other employer I'm not good enough for them. The last job I looked at which was fairly recent says you need sales experience.

11. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Went to best buy this weekend. Had another pleasurable shopping experience. All the employees were really helpful and knowledgeable. Made me feel comfortable and right at home. I definitely see why Best Buy has ran practically every other competitor out of business. They have better customer service and better prices than the competition.