Best cheap domain transfers

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Theo • Jan 8, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need to transfer some domains from Just Host as I only want the domain in case I want to use it again. I've been looking around and I want one that is quick and easy to use, so any suggestions and experience welcome. I know many offer a free year extension for $8.29 and another $9.99 which is cheaper than buying a .com or .org in any case, but any other offers anyone has heard of?

2. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I would check out GoDaddy they are running a special right now that gives you a .com and hosting for a year for 12.99 - and they have a lot of awesome features.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with Nikki. Godaddy is the go to website on buying domains especially .com domains. You might also want to try a coupon code "99word" which offers 99 cents for a .com domain at godaddy. You just have to enter the code upon checkout. Give it a try mate!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Go Daddy is my least favorite site to deal with and I have used them before and never again. I find all their small print too annoying, so anything other than Go Daddy. Even if they are the cheapest, they making moving hard work so I would rather look elsewhere. It's a transfer not a purchase so often the prices and conditions vary with time limits and things, so good customer service is more important as well as a goo deal.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would recommend Namecheap.

They are probably the best domain registrar. Here's something which I'm sure will answer your question better than I would.

"If I transfer to Namecheap do I have to pay any fees now? Basically, is the transfer process free?"
    The cost?
    Hope that helps!