Best City in the World

Discussion in Travel started by difrancprod • Mar 29, 2012.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love the city life and I don't think I'd ever survive living outside of it. New York has definitely captivated me. What is your favorite city in the world?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It would have to be London, UK, because every time I go there I find somewhere or something new to enjoy. I love Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Whitehall, the Tower of London and Greenwich. Whenever we visit London, we always head for Brick Lane in Whitechapel for a curry. Don't get off at Whitechapel tube station, though - Aldgate is nearer. We always hit the museums as well - so many to see, and they're all free.

3. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I am fascinated with Dubai, but I am looking forward to living in Portland, OR in the meantime. I also think New York is an interesting city full of so many cultures and people. I want to visit there someday.

4. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    This past summer, we visited Seattle and I was so impressed with the city. It had a lovely climate and clean sea air. The downtown had a variety of different shops and fresh sea food. The people seemed layed back and accepting of everyone.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Not sure... but I definitely would LOVE to go to NYC. Matter of fact, I'm saving up to go there at the end of this year. Hopefully I will! :)

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of all the cities I visited, San Francisco is my favorite. I loved driving over the Bay Bridge at night. The lights in San Francisco is breathtaking.

7. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say Paris. There is nothing like it in the world. I am not saying that NY is not great, it is, but if you are looking for something that will certainly captivate you and that you will remember forever, you should visit Paris. It is the ideal place to shop as well. But I have to say Paris and London are the most expensive cities and one gets by much easier in other nice places as well. So the choice depends on many things.

8. Jozhua130

Jozhua130New Member

Threads:
    always wanted to go to Paris, France. I feel like it is the best City in the World but I guess until I get the chance to visit any of City dubbed the best for that matter, I really cant say for sure if it really is the best or some city in africa is better. I don't have anything against Africa. As an example only.

9. iamPIN

iamPINNew Member

Threads:
    The two cities that I have always wanted to visit are Paris and New York. When I heard that my brother was going to Paris for work, I died a little! Well, yeah, I am exaggerating. But I really want to go there. I mean, I want to try everything there! The food, meet a lot of French, go to the Eiffel Tower and other beautiful infrastructures. It is just so romantic and a city that is full of love. New York is also another city that I would love to visit! Both cities have captivated my interest and I will visit them, someday! :D

10. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Well I havent lived in too many big cities so I cant really say. I would think that saint louis city would be cool.

11. angeldrb

angeldrbNew Member

Threads:
    I guess it's Paris. I've never been there, but every time I see pictures or watch movies of it, it really fascinates me. Some would say Paris is overrated, but it's not. I really want to go there someday.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I love going to Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. It is such a beautiful city because it sits between the mountains and the ocean. The people are extremely friendly and helpful everywhere you go. There are so many places to go and things to do that we never seem to have enough time. There is a wonderful mix of cultures so the food is amazing. The last time we were there, it was before the Olympics were held there but I don't think that would have changed the city too much. To me, Vancouver is the best city in the world.

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadowNew Member

Threads:
    I am really fascinated by Japan and japanese culture in general so probably the best city in the world would be Tokyo for me, I still hope I'll get there some day. I personally love Venice and San Marino (which I know is not a city, but is as small as one), Italy got some great cities where they keep entire huge old buildings, which look awesome and it give a medieval feeling walking around through the "old part" of one city. I also heard that London is amazing from some friends and I look forward to go there in the near future.

14. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    There's one city which I had thought about often. It's up in the hills with all the modern conveniences yet it still has got the countryside ambiance. This city is Chiangmai. It's located in the north of Thailand, about 800 kilometers from Bangkok. I have seen many video clips of Chiangmai and it's the one city that I would love to stay in.

15. lovely5225

lovely5225New Member

Threads:
    I have been to NY once in my lifetime..I was only 8 though. I am from Dallas, Tx..and honestly I like country living more than here in the city. I visited LA..and thats by far my favorite thus far!..I think because the beach is so close.

16. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Come visit Cebu! It's more of a hit or miss with most people; tends to be you passionately love it or you hate it with a burning passion. Cheap beer, great people, wild experience are generally what translates to a visit to the Philippines. New York is still so breathtaking though. I've been there only twice and I'm pretty sure I still haven't seen 1% of what the city has to offer.

17. R. Paradon

R. ParadonNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Victor!

I have lived in New York City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Seattle and visited many other places around the world. After all these many and beautiful places I am now living in Thailand. Chiangmai is definitely beautiful but for me...LOL...I prefer a much smaller place in the jungle of Thailand...One of my favorites if Junga which is not even on the map. No modern conveniences to speak of....but there is something about the village people that make the absence of amenities well worth it!

18. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    Never been to all cities and am sure most people are the same. Thinking of the ones I have been to I would say Edinburgh as I know it well cause I live in the area. Lots to see and do, restaurants, pubs, shops, nice people, lovely setting. Only draw back is our crappy Scottish weather but we are used to it so really dont figure thats a minus.
    Other city in a warmer climate is Barcelona - fabulous place and would love to live there if I could afford the move.

19. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    Chicago, Charleston SC and Seattle are all up there on my best city list. I really like Galena, IL too because its so pretty and has little shops. Plus, its closest to my location, which helps.

20. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Nothing like the multi-cultural atmosphere one finds in Toronto.

It's one of the best cities in terms of night life in Canada. I love the downtown area and I think it's quite a sight all year round. There are so many places to visit around that downtown area with the infamous CN Tower being one of them.

Although, I think tourists often forget to visit the nearby areas that surround Toronto. If you are willing to venture out far enough away from that downtown core area, you will find some lovely places.

Montreal has a great feel to it, as well.