Best Clothes for Yoga

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SpringBreeze • Nov 13, 2012.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I like yoga. I've been doing it for years. But I do it at home mostly. So, if I want to, I can do it in just underwear. It doesn't matter what I wear, as long as I'm comfortable. So, I haven't really looked much into yoga clothes.

Do any of you have suggestions or tips you'd like to share? For example, what style is more comfortable? What styles or trends to stay away from? What pant is good at keeping you cool (in temperature)? What designers or stores are good? Also, is there a special yoga pant that doesn't show wet sweat marks?

If you want, you can also share yoga or yoga clothing mishaps.

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever bought any clothes from Gaia or Lululemon? Althea also has some good clothes too. I love yoga, but it is still too hard for me so I'm doing a lot of pilates instead.

3. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Lululemon is a great store and if I recall correctly, they concentrate on yoga and pilates clothing; I don't do pilates or yoga, but I do work out at the gym. I just haven't gotten a chance to sit in on a pilates or yoga class. However, I still use Lululemon clothes, along with Nikes and soffee. I usually just like staying comfortable - whether it's a pair of colorful "Norts" or a pair of black Lululemon leggings.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    In India people would wear a kurtha and pajama to do yoga. These are basically loose fitting clothes in fine cotton that help you feel cool and comfortable as you do yoga.
    Cool colors like white, beige or ice blue are usually worn. Check them out in some Indian stores near you. LoL I know you asked for an online store.. i am not aware of any online stores other than Amazon that sells this stuff.

5. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Lululemon is indeed a great store with yoga clothes. I bought there my yoga outfit and I'm very satisfied with it. If you train yoga at home, anything comfortable will do. I think pajamas are ok as long as you do in at home. If you go to the fitness club, it's better to find something more appropriate such as loose pants and t-shirt at least.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I find that wearing a comfortable and soft tracksuit pants and a t-shirt really helps. Our instructor did ask that we not wear a pants that was too loose, so that she could observe our movements in class. One does tend to get hot with the movements so cotton as a fabric is awesome as the skin can still breathe. Most good stores will have some good yoga wear.

7. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I like your basic cotton "yoga pants." I have a few Nike sets that come with a tank top meant to wick sweat away from your body. These sets are form fitting and make it easier to perform the yoga moves in my opinion. I have gotten my clothing from Target or a sports store like Academy or Dick's.

8. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    Breathable and comfortable clothes to wear for yoga. They will let you to move free in various poses. You can buy the yoga tops, sweats clothes and leotards. One can also buy the loose fitting yoga clothes that will allow for different yoga poses.

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pyjamas are an excellent choice for yoga as they are loose and comfortable. You can buy yoga clothes but they are quite expensive and they are basically pyjamas. Buying cheap pyjamas would be a better option if you are shopping on a budget.

10. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    The best clothes for yoga is women tights. They are really comfortable and very light. I see s lot of women wear it while working out and doing yoga. Give it a try and see if you like it.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I hear awesome things about

, but I've never tried them personally because they're expensive. I'm perfectly fine with dollar store stretch pants and a generic tank top.

12. rockys4u

rockys4uNew Member

Threads:
    You can go for stretchy and durable banana , smooth and skin-caring aloe vera fabrics in your active wear with the new Carrot, Banana & Peach autumn/winter collection.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite clothes for yoga would have to be spandex pants and probably a sports bra for that extra comfort.
    I love doing yoga in tight clothing because I somehow feel more confident and I even push myself more because I am for the body that I want. Doing yoga entails being comfortable and these are the very clothes that give me the most comfort.

14. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm much the same in doing it at home a lot of the time and just going with whatever's comfy at the time. I've heard good things about lululemon but they're definitely not easy on the wallet. As for styles, if I am doing it outside, I tend to go with slightly cropped pants (capri length, mostly) and tank tops...I'm not super flexible just yet but I still find that combination the easiest to move and bend around in. I'm happy for everyone's suggestions, too, I'll have to check out a few of the brands mentioned =).

15. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I wear a type of spandex type stretch pants that come to my knees. They are breathable and allow me to stretch and they do not collect sweat. I wear a spandex shirt too that does not collect sweat either. I find them to be very comfortable and non restricting.

16. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear yoga pants or leggings because of the stretching involved. If you don't have a spandex t-shirt a sleeveless tank will do as a loose t-shirt will get in the way whenever you are upside down. Comfort is important and you can always layer and take them off.

Marshalls always carry a selection of yoga pants and tops all at less than $10 on the clearance rack. I've bought a few pairs there and have been pleased as they are branded, I got a Nike one for $13 once.

17. hogwarts

hogwartsNew Member

Threads:
    I usually wear yoga leggings whenever I exercise, whether I'm running or actually doing yoga. Sometimes I'll wear my Lulu Lemon boogie shorts, although they are a bit small/short so I usually reserve those for when I work out at home, but I think they would also be perfect for hot yoga (I've never tried it though because I'm a wimp). The Forever 21 yoga leggings are actually surprisingly pretty good. I've had mine for months and have used them quite regularly and they've been going strong. However, they do run a bit small, so definitely try them on before buying them. For tops, I usually just wear old T-shirts and regular sports bras, nothing fancy.

18. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually wear loose clothing when doing yoga. With all the stretching involved you want to be sure that your clothing doesn't limit you. I usually just wear a sports bra with yoga or sweat pants. That way you can stay cool while not restricting yourself.

19. semizeu33

semizeu33Banned

Threads:
    i will go and check:)

20. JOHN MATTHEW

JOHN MATTHEWNew Member

Threads:
    I am a yoga trainer and I trained the candidates by wearing yoga pants from Siddhiwear, it is very light, after wearing all the I done all the asanas smoothly.