Best Cost/benefit Whey Protein?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by isabbbela • Feb 24, 2016.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me and my fiancé started going to the gym and we are pretty excited to work out together and reach our fitness goal. Something that everybody always drinks is Whey protein and we are interested to try, we have never tried any before. However, they're all so expensive! And there is such a wide variety that we have no idea which one is good or not. Specially because they are so pricey, we cannot afford to buy it to see if it's good.

If you have ever tried weight protein, or know about it please let us know which ones are the best for the best prices.

2. nicksab

nicksabNew Member

Threads:
    As far as best price and best taste, while not sacrificing protein content I would suggest Monster Milk whey protein from Monster Gym. It is a delicious chocolate mix that can be bought in bulk that usually comes out to be just over $100 for 10 kilograms of protein. It is a great price in bulk and per serving the protein content is off the charts as well. Each serving packs about 25 grams of protein per servings. I would definitely check out the company. I order from them often and have always been satisfied with the products.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I thought of purchasing some whey protein because it would be easier to consume than having to prepare the usual protein sources like white chicken meat. Then again, there's nothing like having good chicken prepared in a healthy way. Whey protein every morning woul be possible if only they're affordable. A five-pound jar of Gold Standard Whey is around $65 to $70 here in the Philippines. If you're going to make full use of it and consume a certain amount daily, how much it would cost you per month would depend how long a jar would last.

4. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    I would only recommend whey protein if you need a quick way of getting more protein, or you're on a diet and trying to get more protein for fewer calories. If those are your needs then whey protein is great and there are many brands available with similar prices and benefits. However I would always suggest that getting the protein through food sources is healthier and more nutritious.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We shop at Sam's Club every month, and they always have some excellent prces for whey protein. Our regular one is called Body Fortress; but sometimes, Sam's will feature a different brand of whey protein on sale that month, and if the amounts of protein are comparable, then we will use the one that is on sale that month.
    Amazon also has some good prices on Whey protein, if you do not belong to a club like Sam's Club or Costco.
    Most places have one or the other of these, and there is also a shopping club called BJ's, which I have never seen; but is supposed to have similar products and prices.
    Also, my grocery store carries a selection of protein drink powders, and they have a good price for the Body Fortress at Kroger's , and sometimes they also put them on sale really cheap; so check your grocery store when looking for a good whey protein powder.

6. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein is the best price product as compared to other Whey Products. I will suggest you to have this and prices are just 19.99 US dollars. But let's decide yourself which one should be best and ask your gym trainer about this first. Have a healthy day!! ;)

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think an affordable place to purchase whey protein would be a wholesaler such as Costco. They sell a huge jar of it that will end up costing a less amount per serving then it you purchased it at a smaller stores (such as GNC). I personally have never had it. I find my protein in other ways such as greek yogurt, peanut/almond butter, chia seeds and flax seeds.