Best deal you've come across?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Riggy • Sep 18, 2014.

1. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    What are some of the best deals you've found during your time online shopping? Mine was for a shirt that came with free shipping and cost only $1.45. It was during a Christmas sale and was completely new. Best thing about it was that it was a fantastic shirt and probably one of my favourites. I wear it often.

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    18 to-brand potatoes waffles for 99p. I posted a thread about it in the hot deals section. Considering I consume waffles like water this was quite a saving for me :)

3. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    Waffles are the most delicious thing to have been invented. I too could eat them all day. Great find!

4. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, the best deals I come across are Steam deals for their various games on the respective platform, -75% to -80% off on games sometimes, the deals are just insane sometimes when you catch those sort of sales for something.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah besides Steam deals I went to buy this PS2 from some guy who desperately wants to get rid of it. He priced the PS2 for $100 and he's throwing in 200 games with it and I thought it's not a bad deal. Sure the PS2 is pretty much a legend from the past now but I can't pass that deal since I didn't own the console before.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I subscribe to a Facebook page that tells you about various deals that are going on, and often you will get offers that look to be a mistake - but occasionally the company will honour them all the same. I shop at Matalan, a store in the UK, and they had a sale on for £10 off when you spend £12, but the code worked multiple times, along with a 50% off code at the same time. You can get free pick-up from store, so I managed to get £100 worth of things for £5, which was fantastic for me, and they honoured it as well. That was around March, when there are a couple of birthdays in the family, so I sorted the gifts out for those plus one of two things that I saved for Christmas presents this year, which I still have tucked away ready to go and discover again. That was a fantastic deal, and I have shopped in Matalan a lot since, so if it was a marketing ploy to get me to spend more money, it's definitely worked.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best online deal I came across was from combining deals. There's a company that makes vacuum sealing bags and machines for sealing food. They had a promotional deal for first time orders, plus an online coupon code, plus they were offering free shipping for the holidays, so I ended up with a portable vacuum food sealer, a roll of food sealing bags and a set of 3 plastic food containers for some ridiculous price like $8.99 shipped. I think I got the codes and deal stacking scenario from a freebie site. This happened in 2008 and I consider it my best deal.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My ISP had an offer. Usually you pay for a monthly unlimited internet and renew it at the end of the month or get disconnected. A few months back they were rewarding loyal customers with one free monthly unlimited internet for each one month subscription. So it was like paying half-price for internet access. Unfortunately though the offer lasted only three months [but it was great while it lasted]. Right now we are back to paying our monthly internet bills as usual.