Best epub reader for Android

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Aug 19, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have downloaded several cool eBooks that I wanted to read on my mobile device while I'm traveling to a far away place. However, some of the eBooks that I have downloaded are in epub format. This format cannot be opened by Adobe Reader. That's why I went to the play store and looked for a decent app that could open these types of files. And thankfully, there is!

I stumbled upon UB reader. It's a very slick eBook reader that could be used to open a lot of files including epub files! It's definitely a joy reading epub files on my mobile phone right now. It feels like I'm flipping the pages of a real book! :)

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Cool Reader for the longest time. As far as I know, it reads any format including epub. It has some cool features too, such as night/day mode and theme customization. Haven't tried any other e-book reader because Cool Reader has always worked well for me.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I was able to get Amazon Kindle Fire e-book reader on our Android Asus tablet. From what I can remember it didn't cost us anything to download. I think I have a couple other e-book readers downloaded on there as well but that is the one we end up using the most. On our PC we use Calibre library. Sometimes my husband prefers to not have to scroll as much and he likes reading it off the computer screen.