Best free word processor for mobile

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Cryyo • Jan 7, 2015.

1. Cryyo

CryyoMember

Threads:
    I want to carry my little mobile keyboard with me and easily type into my tablet, but I can't find a decent word processor to go with it. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what would be the best one to pick up? I guess it doesn't have to be free, but that would be preferred. I want full functionality similar to that of Microsoft Word. Thanks!

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Word processing for mobile is still not up to par with that of the PC. However, there are some apps that are pretty close to MS Word. The best IMO is Polaris Office by Samsung. It has a clean interface which is similar to that of MS Word. It also has Excel and PowerPoint bundled in. The PowerPoint is pretty basic though. And, last but not the least, it also has a PDF reader slapped into it. Pretty neat huh?

Anyways, if you download the app, you'll notice that there are some features missing like the limited ability to add animations in PPT, difficulty in entering amounts in cells in Excel (unless you have a keyboard), etc. But it's all good.

3. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:

I agree, Polaris is awesome, very well developed app. Looks good, easy to use, quite powerful and unlike some weird apps, it has an almost inexistent learning curve, not at all steep. I have a beta version that offers G.Drive integration, which is always a plus.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is quite awesome to use a word processor for your mobile. To tell frankly, I have never tried using a word processor before in phone. I will definitely try out this app and hope to enjoy using it.

5. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    If you want a similar experience to Word, you can try out the Google apps: Docs (similar to Word), Sheets (similar to Excel), and Slides (similar to PowerPoint), and you can use it with your Google account to save all your files in the cloud. If that isn't good enough, why not just get the actual Word app? It's called "Microsoft Word Preview" on the Play store. However I think you might need a software code that you get when you buy the Office package. Not sure, but that's how it was when I tried it a few months a go.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use the Google mobile versions of Google Apps, and they work well enough for word processing and spreadsheets. Polaris is another good office suite, and there are about a dozen others. I'm pretty sure Microsoft offers certain Office products as mobile apps, and they're probably a great option, too. Either way, there are a handful of great office suites available on Android and iOS that are pretty comparable to each other.