Best Frozen Dinner Entrees?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Oct 28, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Whether is is Lasagana, Stuffed Peppers. Pot Pies or any other Entree, which is your Favorite brand of Frozen Food. I think Stouffer's has some very good selection and taste and some of the Marie Calander's offering are quite good. Do you have any recommendations?

2. krab

krabNew Member

Threads:
    I personally love Hungry Man and Michelinas, they're very cheap and good for putting some form of nutrients in your body. Stouffer's are much better taste-wise, but at my local supermarket they're roughly three times the cost! If price isn't an issue, Stouffer's or one of those high-end fancy sounding names are far superior.

3. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    All TV dinners are pretty gross! The stouffer's skillet sensations are pretty good however and really don't take that long to make and are super simple. It's way better tasting too to just get a frozen pizza compared to a frozen pizza TV dinner! I personally prefer to just cook and make sure there are leftover for the next night if I'll be in a hurry, that way I'm just putting my good tasting left overs in the microwave and not something else.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like any frozen foods. I just don't think they have a good taste to them so I never eat them. My husband likes them tho. I rather have a homecooked meal.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For regular ones you can find in any restaurant, Michelinas is probably the most reasonable. Now for higher quality frozen food, Trader Joe's is the way to go. Their stuff is more expensive, but they are so much better than any of those regular brands. The indian section of the frozen foods is specially good, they are awesome!

6. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    Stouffer's is generally the best if you are really hungry and want something good. I love 'Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake.' Most of their chicken entree's are excellent. I must confess to the guilty pleasure of Swanson's Swedish Meatballs. Ridiculously cheap - but ridiculously tasty. That is a great combination!

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We really like Stouffer's Lasagana, I have two grandson's that ate half of the party size meal alone in one sitting. That is the only frozen meal we purchase.

8. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, if i HAD to eat frozen stuff, id want stouffers. However, i have an awesome fiance who not only works very hard but makes AWESOME dinners. I am the luckiest guy I know to not have to resort to eating frozen dinners. Not that theres anything wrong with that. I loved frozen dinners before, and probably would still if she wasnt in my life.

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of anything other than vegetables frozen. However, I have had a good mac & cheese when desperate before but it really is not anything I am going out looking for. I would much prefer to make a batch ridiculously large myself and then freeze the remainders so I can reheat as is called for.

10. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I can tel you I would not recommend Banquet. Yes, Banquet is good for those on a strict budget, but as far as the flavor of these meals goes, I do not recommend them. I like the Hearty Meals. They have a good selection and are very filling.

11. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the feed back. I am generally a cook from scratch sort, but the other day picked up some Stouffer's french bread pizza to just have on hand. I didn't feel like cooking the next day and tried it and thought it quite good. I think Banquet makes good pot pies and agree Michelinas and others are very good if on a budget or just to keep on hand if you are not feeling well enough to cook.

12. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of frozen food either, I love to cook fresh food :). I don't mind frozen pizza's though. I love going out and buying fresh food and cooking a lovely meal from scratch though. I like the fact that I am seeing what is going into my meal that I am making :)

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat Marie Callender's. I still eat them but I'm mad at them because I ate a great dinner from them that I only got to eat once. I don't even remember the name of it so I can't look to see if it was for sure discontinued (although it probably was because I don't see it on the official website). They have two that I eat but it sure would have been nice to have a third that I liked to have variety. Maybe it's all good though because it was probably similar to what I already eat but still companies have discontinued my foods/beverages so many times to the point where I'm just waiting for the day where what I currently eat goes away. I can't eat the broccoli cheese one anymore. I used to like it but then I ate it one other time and it made me feel sick.
    I don't like frozen pizza at all except for California's Pizza Kitchen once in a while so I'll take Marie Callender's over a frozen pizza any day. I don't know what it is about pizza because I love pizza but the frozen kinds are nasty.

#13Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  14. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    Mine's probably prebaked pizza, if I want something tasty that's quick to make. Just slap it in the oven for a couple minutes, and you're good to go. The toppings on most are rather scarce though, so it's worth spicing it up a little with whatever you have at home. Frozen baguettes (filled) are also nice, there's a supermarket here which sells an amazing brand.

15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like most of Sara Lee products, but since many time ago I don't longer see any of these products in my local stores.

I was doing some research and found that the company was split into two companies, and despite one of those is Hillshire Brands and there are products of this brand at the store, I like Sara Lee that -- it seems -- is only sold locally in Illinois.