Best gift for my wife

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by zeus02 • May 4, 2012.

1. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Hi wanted to ask what would be the best gift for her? I have given her things in the past, but the gifts were either the soft cuddly stuff,and gadgets. Its my first time shopping clothes for her.

Now i don't wanna ask for her sizes, I want to surprise her. I tried poking thru her clothes last night and was confused:D i saw sizes that were small,and xtra small...which was her size?
    on pants i saw that she has sizes form 25-28 weird..

i want to get what would look perfect for her...

what do you guys suggest?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Sizes on womens clothes are confusing to women, too!
    If you have a particular item in mind and are just unsure of the size, I would "borrow" an item from her closet that you know fits her and take it to the store with you. A sales clerk at the store could help you get the right size based on the "borrowed" item. If you are unsure what to get her, a really NICE scarf is always a good item and size won't matter!

3. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Good suggestion mate! But its hard to sneak a clothe of her out of the house since she stays at home...bringing one to the office would raise a lot of questions...

4. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, you managed to check her clothes last night, or something, right? Then I'm sure sneaking a single blouse out wouldn't be much of a problem.

Also, from what you saw in her wardrobe, pay attention to her tastes! Believe me, the last thing a woman would want is a blouse they wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    How long have you been married. If you it has been ten years or more, then I don't think you will have a problem looking for a dress that she will definitely like. About the sizes, well I will agree to one suggestion above that just get one of her dresses in her closet for awhile and just return it after you have bought your gift dress. I suppose your wife doesn't have OC disorder that she checks her dresses every minute or two so I think you will be fine!

6. chizky

chizkyNew Member

Threads:
    The suggestions above are most likely right. Just get one of her blouses and return it afterwards. I'm pretty sure your wife will feel so love :D ... That's so sweet of you. And by the way you can also ask the help of the saleslady in the department store. :D Good luck

7. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    Less than 10, we've been married for 3 years now and still on the getting to know you process, like we've been together for 6 months before we got married. The sad thing is she has OC and checks and folds clothes like every 2-3 hours. Not really check but more often arranges them.

I just would like to surprise her. For the size I will take your suggestions. The harder part is what do i buy? A dress, t-shirt or jeans?

This is nerve racking. Why is it harder to pick-out a gift for her than building a bike form ground up?

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I would think jeans would be the trickiest to get right. A dress would be a lovely gift, especially if you are planning on taking her out to dinner on her birthday. Try to get one that is not tight fitting. To avoid the OC and office embarassment, you should be able to look through the closet and determine what is the most common dress size and go with that size. If you know which one is her favorite, look to see what company makes it and get the size off of it. Then if you can buy a dress from the same maker, you can get the exact same size as her favorite one.
    It just seems so difficult because you want this to be perfect for her!

9. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:

Yes I certainly would like the thing I buy her to be close to perfect as possible. Its really hard thou, I given her great gifts before, a good tv, player ,phone. Finding the right dress of shirt just seem to be very hard thou.

10. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It is just because you are chartering unknown territory! You are familiar with TVs, players and phones but have never been shopping for dresses! The sales people will be able to help you out ALOT!
    If all else fails, take her shopping on her birthday. Go with her, don't get impatient, take your time, have fun and make a special day out of it.

11. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Time is the best gift you could ever give her so I suggest that you buy her a watch. So everytime she'll look at the time, she'll think of you. "-)

12. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I already bought her a watch 2 to be exact a digital and a classic watch.
    She uses her watch for alerts and stuff. Unfortunately she uses the classic whenever we go to dinner.

13. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    You can spend time with buying her things but thats just a waste of time. Spend on her heart instead. Make her dinner, treat her like a princess, make her feel special thats the best gift. Money/gifts doesnt buy happiness but showing love to your wife by actions will make her happy the most.

14. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    @difrancprod I liked your reply.

In my view first of all look at your wife's favorites. If you have not gifted her the one, go to market buy and pack it in decent way.

15. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Well don't leave us hanging friend, what did you end up getting her? Did she like it? Come on now, Inquiring minds want to know lol

16. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    A lovely sexy dress would make most women very happy! Or is she a shoes person? Have you thought of getting her accessories where it will not be that important to get exact size right? Also, look at the measurements of her clothing, not the size - as that changes per brand/make/store. But here actual measurements will remain the same.

Why do you not have something made for her? I am sure you will get it right...whatever you choose. All the best.

17. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Another inquiring mind here, too! I was just wondering about this. Well zeus02, has she already had her birthday?

18. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I would not buy clothes for a woman. Most have to try things on due to mis-sizing. I know my daughter will try on 20 pairs of jeans and pick out one pair . They are all the same size.lol I would find out what she is actualy interested in. I broke off an engagement with a guy who bought me a giant pink dog as a gift. Now there is nothing wrong if you happen to like giant fluffy pink dogs. I would have preferred a new fishing pole or at least a pistal crossbow. It was just the idea that he never even bothered to discover that I am so not a pink dog person. I don't have anything in my house that is pink and I definately don't keep stuffed animals. I had one ex husband that used to bring me roses all the time. Its funny I always prefered purple daisy's. I would tell him that when he would ask and then he would forget and bring the roses. lol He is also an EX. So my advice is find out what she actualy likes and give her that.

19. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    If you really want to get it right take the article of clothing you want to get her to the store and have a sales representative help you. Not all stores make the same sizes for woman. Some stores will have small, medium and large, others will have 2,4,6, & 8 while others will have 22, 24, 26 etc. Don't let this trick you up - that's our job ;) Just take what you want to buy for her to the store and tell the representative "This is what he fits in and I want a new one of these for her. What should I get?" They will have no problem helping you out. Though some woman on here disagree in getting her clothes I think it is a wonderful idea because not only are you making a bold move that most men shy away from but you are giving her an idea as to what you would like to see her in. It's actually very thoughtful.