Best gifts for less than $10

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Dec 1, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A gift doesn't have to cost a lot. What great gift ideas have you come up with that don't cost much, but still make nice gifts? I've seen a lot of lists across the net for gifts under $50. Personally, $50 isn't in the "super cheap" range for me. I'm interested in ideas cost even less. Let's make a list of gifts for under $10 (and I'm talking about stuff people will like, not rolls of toilet paper or something... though I guess some uber practical person might like that too lol). I'm looking for ideas for things that aren't the "main" gift but more like side gifts, or some general gifts for people who aren't real close, non-family members and such.

2. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    Your toilet paper comment is funny to me personally, because my mom made her adult kids a "care package" one year. This large box had every day things in it like toilet paper, soap, and toothpaste. This was a nice gesture, because it saved us money for months, but she just to individually wrap each item!
    Knickknacks can be bought for under ten dollars. Decorative plates and cutting boards, especially with logos that mean something to the person, like a sports team insignia. Small homemade fruit basket can be created cheaply. If you can sew, you can make couch pillows, or a child's pillow for low money.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, toilet paper can be a practical gift too, lol. I was referring more to the gag gift types like printed or funny toilet paper. I'm sure some people enjoy giving/receiving gifts like that, but personally, I wouldn't give that as a Christmas gift. A care package is definitely a nice gift. My mom always did stuff like that too, and she likes to give practical gifts (stuff she knows will get used). It makes sense, and yes, it does help you save money if someone else buys you those things. I was looking for fun stuff though. I was just talking to my husband about this. I tend to lean toward the practical as well, but I want a few fun things to give too.

4. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    Don't feel guilty about shopping at dollar stores. It is easier to by 10 gifts for $1, than it is to find one decent gift for under $10. I buy large stockings, and fill them up with the person's favorite snacks, drinks, gum, cozy socks, and whatever else relates to the particular person.

5. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Make a basket of stuff to give. The arts and crafts store, Michael's has all of the items needed to make a basket.
    Then go to Trader Joe's or Whole Food's to gather organic soaps. Make a pretty basket of hand soaps.
    If that costs too much then purchase a tin of cookies, or wine at Trader Joe's. Slap a bow on it! Viola! You have inexpensive gifts.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love making gift baskets for gifts. They are fun to make and look so nice. I really like the giant stocking idea too! That would be a fun gift. I have no problem shopping at dollar stores, and I especially like Dollar Tree. They tend to have nicer stuff than some of the other dollar stores.

I also like to make up bath sets instead of buying boxed ones. At Dollar Tree sometimes you can get shower gel, hand lotion, body lotion, body spray, and the bath spongies. They often have a large assortment of items that can be put together, so it makes a nice gift. Some of the packages are really pretty so it makes a nice looking gift basket. I even saw wraps for gift baskets last times I was there, though sometimes I just use colored cellophane, tulle, or whatever I happen to have/find for wrapping.

Keep the ideas coming! :D

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    It depends a lot on who the present is for, a basket of their favorite snacks is usually a hit.
    If you have children, a super easy and cheap gift for grand parents and great-grandparents is a framed photo of your kids, they love getting those and you can easily just frame the same picture for everyone.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am all about Dollar store gifts!! I am going to the Dollar Tree next week to stock up. They have very pretty mugs that look like they are in the $7 to $10 range. I go with mugs and beauty gifts or buy a basket and make my own gift baskets.

9. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly you can find A ton of awesome things for $10 or less. Especially online. Hell, I just bought a pro grade hair waver for my sister and a steel buck knife for my dad - both ten or less on Amazon. Sometimes you have to do a bit of digging - and always read the reviews but there are a lot of great gifts to be had online.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually just did some shopping on Amazon, and I got some really good deals as well. I found some cute shirts and toys, a hunting knife, and a card/sticker collection my kiddo will love. They do have some good deals, and with free shipping, it's even better. I'm still trying to find a few more things yet, and it's too late to order anything from Amazon and get it on time (unless I want to pay for the expensive shipping, which I don't). But, yeah, Amazon is cool. One of my favorite places to shop.

11. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    There are many websites online, including this one, which help you find the perfect gift for someone that is under $10. For me, personally, I like sweets and chocolate. Maybe just a small basket or a box of them will make my day. There are also some cool, sciency, gadgets and playthings out there that are interesting, and they're pretty cheap as well. Just put your thought into it!

12. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I think a candle is a great gift for under $10 dollars. It's cheap ,sophisticated, and 9 times out of 10 the recipient will really like it. I've gotten candles for the holidays in the past and I was always happy, they just have so many uses. I would say something for the home is pretty much always a good bet.

13. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    For me, I would buy items from the dollar store and make gift baskets for under $10.00. I have done this before when I was short on cash, and the baskets turned out really nice even though some of the items I had to find cheaper than a dollar at other discount stores and clearance items are included.