Best gifts for men on valentines day

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by maddie • Jan 29, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I always have a problem choosing a gift for my husband for valentines.. he seems to have all he wants.. what do men like? I always get him clothes or perfumes.. this year I want to get him something else.. He already has most hi fi gadgets and I don't think I can give him anything better..any suggestions are welcome.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In this sense, we are more simple than women. The clothing and perfume are safe choices, but the wow factor is an interesting alternative. A special meal or a night in some out of routine destination, are options that you can consider. I enjoy literature and for that reason I always get a smile with a gift book. A relaxing day at a spa, is an alternative to spending time with your partner and please your man on that special day. I repeat, men are very simple in this regard. Any gift will be well received if you do it with love. I would like to receive a gift like that. :p

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    It might sound crude but I'd be happy with a special treat in the bedroom. Doesn't have to be sex it could be something like a sexy dance or something that you know he likes. Better than all the perfume and socks. :)

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Maybe choose something he enjoys doing like an activity out. How about a reenactment of your first date? Or I don't know if you live in a big city but what about a bus tour or a play? If that's not an option, maybe plan a pamper date night at home and cook his favorite meal and watch a movie. Gestures from the heart don't have to involve lots of money just thoughtfulness. Good luck.

5. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Agree! Reenactment of first date, or some important day you once spent.

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I try to make dinner plans for a place he likes. I just like getting out of the house on a date, so I don't really care where we go. We don't really do gifts. We tend to buy what we need, and when money is tight the gifts seem like a waste.

7. islandantoinette

islandantoinetteNew Member

Threads:
    Aloha Maddie:

I read the other 8 posts and have to agree, however if you are not really young and into just the romance or you can STILL do this with any ROMANTIC way! Like Maddie & ________ on the license plate. I gave a gift to a friend who had of all things seahorses in an aquarium she just loved! And I found this place that makes REAL license plates with ANYTHING YOU want to put on them. You can upload any picture any text anything! Really and it was really reasonable. She absolutely loved the gift and I loved that she loved it. Since men are not always into the "romance" you can get this and still make it romantic or JUST REALLY SPECIAL FOR HIM what HE LIKES. Personally I think men are more like that, this way they get what THEY like. You just decide from KNOWING him what that is and put it on the license plate. Their software online is so great you actually SEE right before you WHAT it will look like, and it did! My friend picked the colours she wanted to match her wall paint, thus the colour of the sign. So here's the name of the company and site and the cost was $15.60 BuildASign.com Here is what she wrote me when she got it: OMG LOVE, LOVE the gift, it's so unique, and I just love love love it, thank you so much, it's so cute with the seahorses names, I just can't get over it. Click the picture to see it larger it says on here.
    If you want to see a picture of what it looked like here it is. Aloha AntoinetteView attachment 271

#7Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My suggestion is a special dinner at home or out and a very nice back rub with scented oils or a spa treatment if you do not want to the back rub. This has always been well received by the man in my life.

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    The way to a man's heart is through his stomach! I think a really nice home cooked meal, served by candlelight and soft music playing in the background is probably one of the best Valentine's Day presents a man can get.

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks everyone.. I cook every meal at home for him each day.. have done it for twenty years.. .. LOL so cooking a meal may not really be something special even if I do something very special. I think enacting our first date would be a great idea.. I know it is easy to please my husband.. he is such a sweetheart.... As valentines day happens to be our anniversary I think i'll take the romantic rout, that would be fun.. Thank you so much.. I love all of your suggestions.

11. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Men's main desire is appreciation (verbal and physical). Saying nice words and complementing them with similar actions just does it for most men. If I were the one to receive a gift from you, I'd opt for a family time together and listen to you telling the things you love about me as we share soft drinks and light romance..:D

12. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I really like the reenactment idea. I dont think my husband has that kind of memory for attention to detail so it may not work but I do think its adorable.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best way to a man's heart is food and sex. Buy him some chocolate, a bottle of wine and enjoy the night together.
    Or you could buy a present related to any of his interests, something that he will actually use.

14. Grehamthorp

GrehamthorpBanned

Threads:
    Valentine day is the day of expressing your love with your loved one. So we can say that it is a special day for both people, and the best gift for men on valentine day is fresh red rose. Red rose is my favourite flower and of course it is favourite for all persons no doubt.

15. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    We always give eachother cards. He buy me flowers and I buy dark chocolate for him as he likes it. It doesn't mean really that it needs to be expensive because when it comes from their wives its always special. Try to make him a lovely candle lit dinner for two only next valentines day.

16. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Hubby and I usually ask each other what things we want so that it's easy and more practical, knowing that we both would like it. No money would be wasted too as there's no option to not like it. :D

17. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    My boyfriend is a songwriter/producer so I gave him a personalized Parker pen with his name engraved on it. It's not that expensive but it's the thought that counts. Now everytime he writes a song, he'll be thinking of me. :)

18. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    Valentine’s Day is a loaded holiday when it comes to picking out the right gift for your man. What you buy reflects how you see him and the relationship, so you want to get something thoughtful, creative, and appropriate for the amount of time you’ve been together.

#18Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  19. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Maddie, I'm a bit late to this discussion - just now seeing it, but for the future I would suggest something edible or something that keeps giving. A basket of edibles is great because it's something he can enjoy gradually and, for a person who already has a collection of various things accumulated, it's not one more thing to find a place for. Something that keeps giving could be a book, a periodical subscription, a DVD... the possibilities are endless.

20. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I just recreated the atmosphere of the times we dated.. we dined in the same restaurant and spent the day by the lake as we did when we dated.. I just arranged a little surprise picnic and it was fun. That kind of put us in a very romantic mood :)
    Thanks for those suggestions. Soon it will be his birthday.. and I might need to think up something.. LOL