Best health-centric stores?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lavenderblue • Mar 9, 2014.

1. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    I have two places in my area, a GNC and Health Hut. Wish there was a health-oriented grocery store in my area, I would love to try Whole Foods for example. :D What stores are in your area that you recommend? I'm a bit leery of buying food or vitamins online but has anyone around here done that before? Would love to hear your thoughts.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Whole Foods, and I don't know if It's considered as a health supermarket, but I also really like Trader Joe. It's not as expensive as Whole Foods and they have really good quality stuff. I specially like their frozen food section, it's more expensive than your regular supermarket frozen food but its really good.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Whole Foods!! Whole Foods is my favorite "health" store, because the selection is so huge! They're a bit pricier in some parts, but all in all they're a pretty awesome store. Also, Trader Joe's is really radical. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ The feel of their stores is always more like a family grocery store then nationwide chain store, which is pretty sweet. Also, some of their stuff is waaay cheaper then what Whole Foods has. I got Applegate all organic beef hot dogs at Trader Joes for 4.99 and when I went to the Whole Foods they had them same exact hot dogs, same brand and everything, for 6.99! (・□・;) So I saved money by shopping at TJ's. You basically just have to scout around and learn which is cheaper at what store.

We do have a local health food store by me, called Green Street Market, but I've been shopping there less and less, because their prices have been steadily going up and up. Which is sad, because I've been shopping there since the store was opened. (´;д;`) Their selection is pretty good, but I can buy almost everything they sell for mile cheaper at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

We also used to have several other health food stores in my area, but they've all slowly been going out of business. Green Street is the last one in the 15 mile radius.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Whole Paycheck is good but there are others worth mentioning. Fresh and Easy is based out of the UK but came to California a few years ago. They have some things similar to Trader Joe's and a few of their brand name items are nice. One thing that is great is that most stores have a microwave for customers to use. Much cheaper than typical fast food. Sprouts market is another one with nice items but the only thing I hate is that they restock during rush hour but their brand is really good and inexpensive.

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    The Whole Foods from me is 95 miles. So is the Central Market.

But what I do have closer in an every day type way is a Natural Grocer chain. It's awesome compared to what was there, either nothing or a small something type store that is still there, so I can't say the name of. Natural Grocer is not pricey either. I love it.

Also nearby is Vitamin's Plus, which is a sub store within Drug Emporium. They are no Natural Grocer's, but they do try and have a lot except for produce.

Within the regular grocery store chain's is a small area they do try to have supplements, in ect. Nothing great, but some health food items, bulk foods, the more 'natural' supplements and so forth.

There also is a Vitamin Shoppe chain, but it's only supplements.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here in the Philippines, we have GNC, Healthy Options, and Health Express, but honestly, I have never shopped yet in any of them because I buy my supplements from small time distributors that sell them at cheaper prices. I find products at GNC to be very expensive as compared to buying other brands. I guess you're also paying for the brand name "GNC".

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my area, I think the farmer's market is great. Not only do they have healthy, locally grown produce, but it's also cheap. I always check out the discount bin for slightly flawed produce to use in soup or smoothies. The stuff in the discount bin isn't pretty, but you can't tell once you use it in a recipe.

8. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    The ones which are specially made for the health purpose are more like those which help someone in getting the right reviews so yeah this is how it should be going.Currently what we have learnt through the path breaking statistics i mean if someone actually help us at the same time we are able to fine good prices online that is fine enough to be done in those way for me.