Best Inexpensive Laptops?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Mayvin • Jun 10, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Laptops are starting to become less expensive probably because in a few years it will become outdated and you'll need to replace it anyway but heard there are better cheap computers than others like Acer among others. In your opinion what are the least expensive computers that have been the most reliable?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My cousin had an Acer for 5 years and swears by it. I never had that brand so I can't say for sure, but it was great for her and Acer is a pretty inexpensive brand. I own an ASUS and love it. It wasn't as cheap, but it's also quite affordable as far as laptops go. Dell also makes reliable laptops.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Lenovo G500!!! Although it's very bulky and comes with low hard disk memory, when we talk about it's speed and performance it really has something to say. I compensate the small hard disk memory by using an external hard drive and because I am pretty tough and used to carrying heavy stuff, I don't bother much carrying it and bringing it with me anywhere I go wherever I would be needing it. I am very happy for its speed and performance that it overshadows the little inconvenience its weight and low memory bring me.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own one, but I have some fairly good things about the Google Chromebook. It needs to be connected to the internet. Most functions are reportedly to be done via apps. But you can get a Chromebook for under $250. There are many manufacturers to choose from. Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Samsung, etc....

5. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I have a lenovo laptop and it isnt that costly. It is just an average laptop with basic spec sheet as I do not need a high end laptop for hardcore gaming or professional work. If you're too one of those who need a laptop just for basic things then lenovo works well.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think the best among the low priced laptops nowadays is the Chromebook, because not only is it the cheapest, but they also look very sturdy and from the reviews I've seen online, I'm fairly sure they perform very well. However, they are only good for when you have internet connection, because to the best of my knowledge, you can't install programs on it as you would on a traditional laptop and instead you are just expected to use the online apps that Google offers.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I got an ASUS netbook a couple of yrs ago and it's still holding on. When I bought it at Best Buy, the clerk told me that it would be good for a couple of semesters and maybe one full-length movie. He also presented a used version that was about $170 that I passed on. Truth, this thing is not perfect but it serves the purpose.