Best Investment With Good Returns?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Denis Hard • Oct 19, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking that instead of using just saving my money in the bank and earning a low interest rate, I could [if possible] invest it elsewhere and earn some good returns fast. Let's just say I'd like to start small with a little money to just test the waters. Any suggestions?

2. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Low interest rates in banks are terrible, but making investments is a big risk as well, at least those who pay better. I really have no good suggestion for you, sorry. The best investment I ever made was buying my house 15 years ago. ;)

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. Invest it in something that'll pay you well even after money becomes even-more meaningless---family. My family (really my late-grandparents through my 'on-time' mother ;)) isn't financially "rich" (although we do get-by with lots extra left-over), but they are a never-ending source of supplies for me and for any other relatives we 'take on' (usually by-marriage or -the birth(s) soon after).

Oh, it'll seem like it's "not worth it" (the unending workload you take on for the minimal 'returns' you get to keep), but nothing's worth anything without it!

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They say mutual funds are great start-up investments. They don't cost as much as stocks and are much easier to manage. Of course, if you find it to time-consuming to learn about mutual funds from scratch, you can always get a fund manager to lead you in the right direction. A franchise business is also worth considering. I wonder if food stalls are common where you're from because if they are, you can put up a franchise. Supplies, ingredients and personnel training will already be provided by the franchise headquarters.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, oh, you got to be very careful in investing your money. I am a bank employee and my excess money is just lying in my ATM account to serve as my emergency cash. Investing my money didn't cross my mind because it is scary considering the prevalence of scams. My policy in investing is if it's too good to be true then it is a scam.

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean about the interest rates in the banks being poor, however I would always choose to save in that way because of the simple fact that it is safe, and there is no way that money could be lost. I would always be very wary indeed of placing my savings anywhere that their value could go down as well as up. It just isn't something that I would really want to do.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I know how you feel. I did not really think about it until I knew I had about 10,000 that was just sitting in an account and not doing anything for me. The problem is that the lower returns means nothing in terms of actual returns, but anything substantial means a lot more risk and usually time invested as well, which is not something I was looking for. Mutual funds are what I settled on, but even that seems pretty lame. I looked into a website too where that promised around 15% returns that you would see quickly, but read more into it and decided against it.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I also face the same challenge of making money work for me. One of the best investment choices is real estate. You don't have to be a millionaire to do this. Just join or form an investment group and buy a piece of real estate by pooling resources together and then sell it at a later date for a premium. This need not be necessarily in your own country. You can research for such groups in developing countries. Treasury bills can also work with a similar strategy.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that investing your savings can make your money grow instead of just being left in the bank. But the main issue here is the kind of investment. There are so many investment scams here that even victimized cops and soldier which means those scammers are bold in their scheme. In the olden days, banks have the so called trust accounts where they use your money for their own investment and give you a share of the earnings. It earns double than what your money earns in time deposit accounts. Maybe you can inquire from the bank if there are trust accounts until now.

10. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    Recently It appears a new manner of investment in renewable energy. It called "Parity" and it is a system developed in Portugal based in "crowdfunding" model in renewable energy area. 50 euros is the minimum value for any person to become a invester. Moreover, neither variable taxes nor special demand.

11. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you invest your money in a safer medium which is government bonds. If your government is a stable one, then this type of investment could earn your money 4 to 7 times the interest from a regular savings account. This is assuming that the money is disposable and not earmarked for emergency purposes. I wouldn't trust fly-by-night investment companies or schemes that promise bigger returns in a shorter time.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have also thought in this direction before, when you invest your money with a bank the interest rate are quite small but the good thing you are sure of the safety of your money. Other schemes that may come with attractive interest rates may not be trustworthy this is not to rule out a few that maybe genuine. Like you said you could try out any one looking trustworthy with little savings one you can afford to lose. Truth is they look like ponzy scheme to me.

13. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Saving money in bank is an easy option for saving, however, the rate of interest on your deposit is very low. I find investment in gold or land a better option, You may even buy a house and make money through rentals. Good thing about investment in real estate is your principle always remain with you.

14. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    It actually depends on your financial status and monthly income. If you have a source of stable income it is good to open a recurring deposit in a bank. If you are kind of a person having high risk appetite you can go for investing in share markets. I think stock markets give the best possible return these days. But as you climb the ladder of higher return it will be more and more risky. It is true for all types of investments.

If you are afraid to invest in share markets, at least try to invest a part of your income in Systematic Investment Planning (SIP) in stock markets. A fixed amount would be given for stock market investment every month and this is considered to less risky when compared to other modes of share market investment.