Best Low Calorie Sodas

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Jan 15, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I named the title something other than diet sodas because apparently soda companies rarely label their low calorie sodas "diet" anymore aside from a few that are part of the less popular brand categories. Anyway, I've been drinking a lot of these diet sodas recently and I've been liking them a little more than their regular counterparts since they aren't as strong and also I feel less guilty about drinking them. The ones I find that are better than their regular counterparts are Coke Zero and A&W Diet Cream Soda, and the latter one I find especially true since the regular one just doesn't sit well with me due to being sweet in a way that I consider odd.

Which diet sodas do you love? I would like to hear of some other brands that I may be missing out on.

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    We like to get club soda and flavor it. My favorite is just orange or lemon flavor but my daughter gets really creative with hers, apple slices and cinnamon or crushed berries are her favorites. Or she'll use the sugar-free torini syrup in it.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid drinking soda at all, but if I do, I never choose diet because the taste is awful and there are so many artificial ingredients in it. The only time I drink it is if the store has nothing left chilled. Most people I know won't drink diet soda, but I know a few who are addicted to diet coke and that is all they will drink. I'm not sure if there is something in it that makes it so addictive, but I have seen people have withdrawal symptoms if they can't have one.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to absolutely agree with you there, Theo. I try to stay clear of fizzy drinks, anyway. But the taste of diet pop just doesn't work for me, I think it tastes foul. Plus there's also the fact that they're heavily leaden with additives and sugars. I read somewhere that you're probably best going with regular fizz than diet soda, yet many people on weight loss programmes swear by them. My brother-in-law has always battled with weight, and the man sits with a whole litre and drinks it whenever he can!!

5. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I personally do believe diet sodas are at least not WORSE for you than regular soda. Both are bad for you though, for a wide variety of reasons. With that said, I'm guilty of drinking both kinds at times. My favorite 'diet' sodas are Diet Dr. Pepper, Pepsi Max, and Diet Cherry Coke (not cherry coke zero, diet cherry coke). I also like the Diet Cherry 7-UP but I see it pretty rarely.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I like the taste of regular Pepsi, when it comes to low-calorie soda, I prefer Coke Zero. I'm also a fan of Dr. Pepper but I haven't really measured its calorie content in comparison with other soda drinks. I like drinking light or all-natural sugar-free Ginger Ale. It has a cool taste and soothing to the oesophagus.