Best meal of the day?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Theo • Oct 7, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite meal of the day is 'tea time' about 3.30-4pm when I have a slice of cake, biscuits or a sandwich with coffee or hot chocolate. It marks the day is nearly over and is a nice time to rest. I love having afternoon tea as a meal with friends as it's relaxed and casual and often we have champagne. I don't do it all the time, but is a nice treat.

2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite meal of the day is dinner. I am always hungry then and I usually make a big family dinner. During the day the kids are at school and my husband and I are at work so it's nice for everyone to come together and share a meal together. It also gives us all a chance to share our day !!

Great topic!!

Danyel :)

3. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely dinner. I love warm comfort food, so that's my favorite. I don't ever really eat lunch, just because I don't feel like eating and nothing sounds good. Sometimes I'll have breakfast though if I have some sausage links and hashbrowns in the house. Absolutely delicious.

4. Evelyn Freshsmith

Evelyn FreshsmithMember

Threads:
    My favorite meal is Breakfast. I make sure everyone in home gets a healthy breakfast. There is no denying it is the most important meal but also there are some interesting facts about having a good breakfast.

In one recent study, people who ate breakfast as their largest meal lost an average of 17.8 pounds over three months. The other participants consumed the same number of total calories per day, but ate most of their calories at dinner, according to the study published in July in the journal Obesity. The large-dinner group only lost an average of 7.3 pounds each over the same time period.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to disappoint you.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm one of the people that only gets to eat a full meal at dinner, so that's my favorite meal. Breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and a Luna bar, and I never eat lunch, because I don't get a lunch break at my work place.

Dinners are fun though; we all generally help out and make a meal that we all like. We usually eat in the living room while watching crappy reality tv. :)

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite meal by far is lunch! I work in a huge company and their restaurant is very decent. I pay a very low cost and can pick from salads, traditional foods or even burger and fries, it's great. As that is my main meal, I have a very light breakfast and try my best to have a light dinner as well, even though sometimes I give in and have junk food.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with you, TS. I don't really enjoy breakfast because I am often in a hurry. I eat breakfast because my mom taught me to never leave the house without it. As for lunch, it's not that enjoyable, too because I often have a working lunch. But tea-time (which we call breaktime/merienda) here is very enjoyable. My coworkers and I often have coffee or tea together and just chat. :)

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well I like breakfast food the best, but I usually get kind of nauseous if I eat too early in the day (or just too soon after waking up, I guess is more accurate), so my favorite meal is brunch time :).

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite time to eat is around seven in the evening. I guess it would be referred to as dinner. :) I usually like to prepare baked or stir-fried vegetables with fish, tasty salads with nuts and savoury sauces, and well-cooked grains and legumes. I like to spend a bit of time preparing something special every evening, and then rest for an hour before I continue with what I have to do. I often work until past midnight, so dinner is very important to me to keep up my energy and concentration.

10. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on what I'm eating! :p

But really, I like breakfast best. Morning is quiet around here, no cars running, you hear the birds and feel the smooth cold light - and in all this you eat some food and drink a cup of tea/coffee. What's not to like? Other meals are fun too, but the body is already tired and the mind polluted by the worries of the day.