Best Mother's Day Present

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chigger • May 10, 2012.

1. chigger

chiggerNew Member

Threads:
    mother's day is just around the corner! Those of us who haven't gotten gifts are scrambling about trying to consider what to purchase. There's so many questions to ask yourself when it comes to a practical gift your mom can both love and use.

For younger individuals the option of a "mom" shirt, necklace, or similar product is very appealing. At this stage in life your mom will greatly appreciate it because you're showing her how much of a "mom" she's been to you. These can be found in various stores (Wal-Mart particularly) and come in gold, silver, with or without gems, and in a variety of prices. If you're a teenager then a $10-20 necklace is entirely fair to you as your mom would know more than anyone the value of your small amount of money.

If you're a bit older and have your own job (at least part time) then consider something more lasting. Instead of something stamped with "mom" on it, look for something that really fits her. What are some things she likes? What is her birthstone? Does she have any favorite hobbies? Get to the core of who your mom is before grabbing her a gift. Just bringing her a flower may be sweet but even the best of moms will feel a twinge of "that's it". If your mom loves silver necklaces, for instance, go for a silver necklace with her birthstone in it. This is something practical that she can wear any time she likes. It gives her a lasting memory forever and will look great whether she's going casual or formal. Matching earrings would really improve the gift.

For moms who really aren't interested in jewelry, get to something closer to the heart. Find a fashion that really speaks for her character and go from there. Is she modern, old fashioned, wanna give her a look that's modern but still touches on her roots? Now's the time to do it!

So this mother's day, consider a fashionable gift for your mom.

#1May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    As a mom, I feel the best present is one that comes from the heart. A hand crafted item from your child is an amazing gift to recieve and us mom's tend to hang onto them forever. Here are some ideas:

. I think most mother's would just love to spend time with their kids more than anything. Even just a few words of appreciation is like pure gold to a mom because we just don't hear it very often and that is something you can do for free! It is nice to give your mom something for mother's day to show your appreciation and no matter what you give your mom, she will LOVE it!
    I think chigger has some really good ideas but if you have very little or no money at all, there are still ways to you can show your mom some appreciation!

3. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    I used to take my Mom to Six Flaggs every Mother's day. In the morning, there were no lines since everyone seemed to be out at brunch!
    We live to far away now, but I'm going to try making her feel special by spending some alone time with her. Maybe I'll take her to the store so she can pick out something she really wants.
    I'm hoping my 5 girls treat me to breakfast in best and give me several sweet, handmade cards.

4. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    I personally love receiving hand made items from my child on Mother's Day. Pinterest has some amazing do it yourself ideas for anyone who hasn't looked there. It's amazing to see what can be created with just a little imagination and some heart! Showing your appreciation for your mother doesn't have to be super expensive, just put some heart into it.

5. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I would love if my husband and kids did the chores and made the meals for the whole day. I am super easy to please.

6. fallace

fallaceNew Member

Threads:
    Rather than just buying a gift, you might consider taking your mom out and spending time with her. That's what truly matters, especially on Mother's day.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I plan to treat my mom in a whole day spa special in our city. A whole day of pampering from massage, jacuzzi, mani and pedi and even get her hair done. I think she would really love it!

8. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Spend a day with her.Take her to a spa for some wonderful pampering then take her shopping and buy her an entire outfit that looks fabulous on her. Then I would take her to dinner at her favorite restaurant and have her order whatever she wants.

9. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    My mom is coming over and I'm going to cook her a nice dinner. I think just spending time together is the most important thing. I'll also make her a basket of a few homemade breads, some of our free range chicken's eggs, and a few homemade jams. I'll probably not invite the mother in law over for supper, but still make her a nice basket.

10. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I agree with this. I would just enjoy spending the day with my family doing something fun.

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Dad said we're having pizza on Mother's Day, and as a little something special, I'll be baking her a cake :D.

12. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Nothing like writing your mom a heartfelt card on Mother's Day. She's always been expecting one ever since I gave her one the first time though, so it's a bit hard to keep writing her letters like this, as heartfelt is not something so easily replicated!

13. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I would just cook for my mom and have a good family dinner this Mother's Day. My mom spends expensive things and I can't buy her the things she really loves so I'll just give my love to her by cooking her favorite pasta. I know she'll enjoy this more than any other material things! :)

14. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I think giving a rose, a beautiful card and a self-made cake is the best Mother's Day present.
    If dinner would be cooked for me that would be lovely but I already know that would never happen....

15. cecejailer

cecejailerMember

Threads:
    I think the best present for Mother's Day is company. It doesn't matter if your mother lives far away, this day is special enough that you can squeeze her into your schedule.
    I also love making memory scrapbooks for my mother. This year I got her a blouse and I saw in her eyes that she'd rather get something really sentimental. I always give her something I made myself.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tip for buying special gifts from Walmart for Mother's Day. I always go window shopping and you're so right that Walmart has much for less most of the time.

17. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something really amazing and must to try a thing.

18. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I take my mother to an adventures journey on her favorite place.