Best music media player

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by orz • Jan 2, 2014.

1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Was just wondering what music media player you guys use?

I know iTunes is probably the most commonly used one for most people but as I don't have any Apple devices I never really bothered, I use foobar 2000 which is highly customizable and I haven't had any troubles with it so far. What do you guys use?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Windows Media Player most often, but when Windows Media Player can't play the video that I want to watch, then I play it on VLC player.

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would go for either VLC media player or itunes. I would say i use them both simultaneously. I think that itunes is really good for all my music and keeps everything organised and i dont have to go looking for songs all over the place. I use vlc for videos mainly and i like how it can pretty much handle any kind of file nice and easy without giving me any hassles.

4. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Zune (I know I know it's as rare as a fossil), so I use the Zune software that I installed on my computer. If not using Zune though, I'll go with VLC media player. It supports an amazing amount of file types as well. Windows Media Player is always standard for people who use Windows software but I find that sometimes it lags and can be a bit unorganized.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I am now using Spotify. I pay the monthly premium but I think it's a brill piece of software that certainly gives me my moneys worth. If I'm not using Spotify then it's just Itunes because I have an iPhone.

6. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I use Windows Media Player Classic if I'm listening to a full album as I can just open the album there and it is super light, it just does it's job - playing the songs.
    If I'm jumping around through my music library then I use iTunes although to be honest I hate it, it's too slow and keeps locking up on me.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only ever use Windows Media Player. For media I sometimes use Divx when WMP doesn't work. The only other way I'll listen to music is on Youtube or Spotify.

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I only use Windows Media Player too for listening music. I only listen to MP3 so Windows Media Player is already a pretty program. Before this, I used Winamp but I forgot why it phased out of my life.

9. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I use VLC player to play most of my video files and it has never disappointed me. I think it can also work for you. You could also try to use GOM player which also plays a wide range of video files.

10. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I use VLC too since it plays mostly everything. Never had to switch to any other program. Windows media player is good too but if you want to flac files or something you have to download codecs for it.

11. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    AIMP. Simple, a lot of useful features and never had any problems with it.
    I used to have winamp and loved it but then I switched over to AIMP because winamp was giving me problems and now I'd never look back.

12. Batiatus

BatiatusMember

Threads:
    I use BSPlayer it works perfectly even with the free version you can get all the codecs. You don't need much space and it doesn't use much CPU.

13. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I used to use itunes but nowadays I always use Spotify when listening to music, both for radio and local files. I don't have premium so I have to live with annoying commercials but when listening to local files you don't have the commercials.

14. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    I use Windows Media Player Classic for all types of media, but if I'm listening to music I'll generally use Spotify since I'm able to look up songs too instead of having to download them. Which is always a bonus since I'm too lazy to go and find the song or even have to buy the song. And plus the quality is outstanding for it being streamed and it's really convenient.

15. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with the poster that said Vlc player. Vlc player isn't very appealing to the eyes, but what it lacks in style. It more then compensates for in functionality. Vlc player plays every Codec, and media file extension there is. Vlc player also uses very little CPU memory. As opposed to Windows Media Player. Which plays very few file formats, and uses all of your computer processing power.

16. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    VLC is my software of choice as (as people have mentioned previously) it can play many more file types and it also doesn't require any log on or details from you.

17. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    For music I just use Windows Media Player, if works and I don't need much more for listening to music. For videos I almost always use VLC player, its just best for all types of video especially since it is free. I don't listen to music that much on my computer though so it isn't that big of a deal.

18. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    Depends on whether you will be streaming the music or playing it off your hard drive. For streaming I use Spotify and its great! For music on my computer I'll use iTunes or VLC Media Player. VLC is good because it has a volume boost feature which allows the volume to be boosted to the speakers capacity.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You can try WinAmp. The recent news about it getting shut down reminded me of it so I downloaded it and have been using it now for months and I'm very happy with it. I'm very much used to it already because I've used it for quite a while in the past during its heyday, and the feature I like most about it is that it has keyboard shortcuts so I can easily just go back and forth or even pause songs with relative ease without needing to each for the mouse or touchpad or even specialized buttons above which tend to be a bit of a reach.

20. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using VLC media player for years now. I think it's the best media player nowadays. It plays a wide range of video formats and songs. Unlike windows media player, you can pretty much play all types of video formats in this player. Also it doesn't crash often unlike some media players. Highly recommended media player. :)