Best online bookstore?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by SpiralArchitect • Sep 30, 2013.

1. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    As a huge fan of the written word, I am always on the look out for online bookstores offering books for cheap or even second hand. Amazon of course is considered the front runner but it sadly doesn't accept Paypal. Another site a like a lot is Bookdepository.com mainly because it offers free shipping worldwide, saving me a lot of effort. Can you name some other good online bookstores?

2. ml318

ml318New Member

Threads:
    Yeah Spiral, Amazon with the small independent book stores basically piggy-backing on their site have the cheap used book market cornered so to speak. I have tried to find somewhere else to buy used books online and basically always find myself back at Amazon. One other site I use sometimes is rereadables.com that has a easy to navigate site with fair prices and quick shipping.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I'm entering in the world of e-books in a very progressive way, because I enjoy the traditional format. However, in my search for new alternatives, I have resorted to the safest place for these types of purchases: Amazon. Yes, maybe that is a very common place , but I privilege the security of transactions, the originality of the material and sales support. Furthermore, we found deals every day on that site and even we can find unpublished and original e-books. Maybe it's a little hard to find in my language (Spanish), but in that case I turn to local shops, beyond the offer isn't as wide.

P.S: The Google site dedicated to e-books is also an interesting alternative.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Book Closeouts. They don't always have what I'm looking for, in which case I'll scour Ebay and Amazon, but I hate paying separate shipping for each book at those places. I get why it works like that, but I'd much rather pay one low cost for all books rather than spending the bulk of my money on shipping from a bunch of places.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes to get the best deal you need to look through some of the best. While a book could cost more an Amazon, it could be cheaper elsewhere. So if you have time, before purchasing a book, you could take a look at some of these online bookstores [for reviews, pricing - whatever]:

1. Barnes and Noble.
    2. Books-a-million
    3. Amazon
    4. Alibris
    5. Biblio
    6. Abebooks.

Those are the online bookstores that I'd recommend any time

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy books at Barnes And Noble, but after I discovered bookdepository.com, I have always bought books from there. I think you can get some good deals on Ebay too.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Barnes and Noble, but I find that I end up purchasing most of my books at Amazon - either ebooks for Kindle or actual paper books. You can find anything at Amazon, so it makes it easier to just look there. Also the price is usually either the same that from bookstores, or cheaper.

8. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase my books at the bookstore because I love going to the physical bookstore to browse my books. I do shop books online only the books aren't available at the bookstore. Amazon and Depository are two of my favorite online stores for books. Depository offers free shipping anywhere within the United States, but I have heard it also ships outside of the United States. Amazon sells both new and used books, which I prefer purchasing used books in paperbacks.

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    That's a new one. I've never heard of this site. Is this the one you're talking about?