Best Phone You've Had

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by danielle davidson • Jun 13, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that the best phone I had was my iPhone 4. It was so durable that I knew I was able to drop it and it wouldn't die on me. I didn't try to drop it, but it did happen a lot. It was the best phone I had, because of how durable it was, but also because it wasn't slow for how much it was dropped. I know that I drop my phones a lot so when I get a phone I have to make sure that I get a durable one. I think that that was the best phone Apple has made. So, what's the best phone that you've had?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LG Nexus 5. It didn't have the best battery life or cameras, but it was $349 and featured the performance of a $700 flagship device. I still get the latest Android OS updates before most other people because I own a Nexus device, and it still feels plenty powerful a couple years later. I hope another Nexus 5 device is released later this year because I'll buy that the day it comes out.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The best phone I have ever had is the one I have now - the HTC One (M7). I have had it for two years and I am eagerly looking forward to my upgrade to the latest HTC model in September to see what else it can offer me.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Samsun Galaxy Mega Note that has been good for me. My service provider is Metro PCS, it has been a good phone for me. Before I had Virgin Mobile that was hard to hear on and would not connect at times.

5. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    All of my phones have been good compared to a lot of other phones around that time period but the best phone I have ever had is the one I currently have. I have the LG G2 on T-Mobile.
    Since I have JUMP! (Just Upgrade My Phone) on the phone plan I am actually eligible to upgrade already, but since my mom pays for it she says I can't get the upgrade which is a bummer because I want the LG G4 or Samsung GS6 Edge.

6. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, let's see. A while back, I used to be mesmerized by Android phones, and I can recall having spent quite a big amount of money just for those. My first phone was a HTC phone powered with the very first 1.6 Android version, and it didn't disappoint. But still, my favorite phone was Nokia N8 at the time. That thing was completely unbreakable, haha!

7. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I just love the Nexus phones and had two as of today. I have both the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 and it is actually quite hard for me to chose which I prefer. Nexus 5 has better specs, but Nexus 4 is so much more beautiful and has a great design with a glass back that reacts to the sun light.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My current phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, by a landslide. Prior to that I had the original Motorola Droid and the Motorola Droid Bionic, which were both stinkers. The original Motorola Droid was heavy and slow, and had a useless and poorly designed keyboard. Not to mention, that after two years of owning it, the screen started acting up and became totally inaccurate to my finger gestures. The Droid Bionic was even worse, it was supposed to be Verizon's flagship phone when it was released, and their first 4G LTE phone. Ironically the phone itself had a known design flaw that was causing it to lose it's data connection completely, forcing you to reboot the phone entirely to get it back, until it would drop again. The battery on it was also so bad, it would go dead within an hour and a half to two hours at times. This was even when I wasn't even using it at all. I practically had to leave it plugged in at all times.

After both of those bad experiences I was apprehensive about which phone to get next, so I waited until the Note 3 was out for a few months, and the real reviews came in, before buying one. Not only does it have a large, vivid and sharp screen, it's lightweight and fast, and the battery on it will last through an entire day even with moderate usage. I've had the phone for a little over a year now, but I can see myself continuing to use it for at least another 2 more years before upgrading again. My only gripes about it are relatively minor: Samsung needs to chill out with the bloatware they include with their phones, or at least allow us to remove it without rooting the phone. Also, the plastic casing on it is really susceptible to damage - I literally dented the metallic looking rim with my fingernail by accident when reaching for it.

9. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I'm quite satisfied with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, a nice screen and performance is fast. It's probably the best smartphone I've owned (mainly because I didn't spend as much as I did on this). Watching videos, browsing and reading is just so much more comfortable on the bigger screen and it's almost like a tablet or phablet as they call it. Some issues is that sometimes the Android system crashes and I have to take out the battery to shut it down and it's a bit bulky for my liking. Though the size of the screen is nice when your using it, it's not comfortable in my pocket and I can't use it without freeing both hands. Besides those minor issues I've had with this phone, so far it's rated as the best phone I've owned.

10. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    The best phone I've had was also and iPhone 4S, I've had it for a couple of months, until I lost it in a lake while fishing. I remember I dropped it on the floor for a few times, it never got broken or anything, of course I've had protection on it, but still it was very resistant. Also it was the only phone I've got that never frozen, the OS never made me any problems, like other phones I've had, where after a few months of using I could wait even 5 minutes in order to make a call because the software started moving slow.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My iPhone 6... I know, mainstream answer here... and it's not even that amazing. But I have only ever had 3 smartphones - a Samsung Galaxy S3 (which I had for a couple years and it completely shut off on me at the end of its life), an iPhone 5C (which is OK but simple) and the new iPhone 6. I don't think any of them is amazing, but I guess I do prefer this last one better.

12. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    An HTC One M8. Unfortunately now it's broken because I slipped it from my pocket by accident and the glass got shattered. Mainly due to financial reasons, I must now carry a very cheap LG phone with me, and I'm very uncontented with this specific one. The conclusion: You get the price you pay! :)

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a tough one, I am not sure which one I would choose. I did have a Verizon phone, not sure what model, I didn't like it because it got drenched in water once and didn't rejuvenate. I mean I guess that wasn't the phone's fault, but it ended up costing me a lot of money so not happy!!

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best phone that I have had to date, has got to be my current smartphone. It is a Nokia C7, and it is fairly old as far as phone technology goes these days. But it does all of the things that I need it to do, and I have not found a reason to upgrade to the much loved Android system yet. Once this phone gives up on me, I shall be getting an Android though.

15. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have yet to have a taste of iPhone. My first phone was the gigantic Motorola that looked like a huge walkie talkie radio. Next was an Ericsson that is smaller and some other brands followed until someone gifted me with a Samsung S3 some 3 years ago. Now I can say that it is probably the best phone that I had - good camera, clear monitor and easy to operate.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My personal preference goes back to my BB Torch. It was bulky for my hands at the time.. who knows how I'd like it now, my phone is practically a big screen tv lol, I hate it. I miss the physical keypad with touch OPTION and it was very durable and did everything I needed. Best phone I've had so far. Can't stand the Iphones.. I have a Samsung Galaxy something or other right now and I can't be bothered, but it's not bad.. I'm just not a phone person anymore.

17. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The HTC One M7 is probably one of the best smartphones ever made based on its design alone. That design carried over to the M8 and M9, but the M7 still rocks those design cues the best. I had that phone for a few months, and it worked well enough because HTC knows how to make a good smartphone. It didn't have the best cameras, though, that's for sure. In fact, they were downright bad, having only 4MP on the rear shooter.

18. Harlek

HarlekMember

Threads:
    It's my Blackberry Bold. I love that phone. The design is very sleek and that QWERTY keypad is just amazing. Physical keypads will always be superior to touchscreen keypads in my opinion. Except for the phone being too old to perform anymore, since it only has a measly 128MB of RAM, it's one of the best phones I've ever had.

19. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    The best phone I've ever had is my iPhone 5. That phone is durable as hell, never even broke once even though I keep on sitting on it and accidentally letting go of it when I'm turning off the alarm. My only complain about the phone is that it gets way too hot when I'm using it. Often times I had to put it down because it's literally too hot to handle.