Best Place For Savings On Prescription Meds

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by FatAmy • Dec 11, 2015.

1. FatAmy

FatAmyNew Member

Threads:
    Currently, we're getting our prescription medicines from Walgreens and I do like them. They're professional and helpful to us even when our doctor's assistants mess up our prescriptions. However, with money being tight, I'm trying to see if I can save more from other pharmacies. I don't really know their difference from CVS, or if it would be better to go to smaller, local pharmacies who seem to be giving more discounts to fight with the bigger pharmacies. Oh, I started wondering about it because I've seen Walmart even offer more competitive prices on my health supplies.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walmart or Costco are very competitive on their pricing for prescription meds, and you don't need to be a Costco member in order to benefit from the pharmacy. Even Target is good, as you can get a pharmacy discount card that will save you 5 percent on costs. ILast time I went there I had a prescription discount card and was able to save even more.

3. FatAmy

FatAmyNew Member

Threads:
    Nice. I didn't know that about Costco. I'm probably going to Walmart next time though, mostly because of what you said plus it's just across the street.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :) Well, for me I would usually go to my small local drug stores for my prescription medications. Even some doctors here would recommend opting for generic medications if one can't afford to buy the specific brand of medication that they have prescribed. So far I've been doing that for the previous years and the medicines seemed to be as effective as the more expensively branded ones.

5. angie

angieNew Member

Threads:
    Iv'e done some price comparisons here I feel like such a cheap skate saying that but it can cost a lot on a regular prescription filled every month.That being said no insurance situations have to do the $4 prescriptions at wal mart, they really are the cheapest on most antibiotics that are on there list.You can go to there website and reference it before you go to the store and get a $90 antibiotic that's a 7 day supply no joke way too expensive. I've also found the discount card most of the Dr. offices hand out work relatively well some taking a good 70% off the total, can't complain the doc gave itb to me free.

6. JMaldaner

JMaldanerNew Member

Threads:
    You should take a look at GoodRX. They have a website, but their app is fantastic! This is not insurance. They have negotiated very good prices for prescriptions at many pharmacies. The app will give you a list of pharmacies near you,coupons for those pharmacies and the net prices for your prescriptions. I use this app and save a lot of money each time.