Best Point And Shoot Camera

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Sunshine • Feb 2, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    In your opinion, what is the best point and shoot camera out there?

I have really wanted a DSLR camera because I truly want to take high quality photos that I can post online, or even sell. But the DSLR seems to be too big of an investment for now and I'm not sure I'll get my money's worth out of them.

Do you know of any Point and Shoot cameras that are the next best thing to DSLR? Something with extremely high photo quality? Or even which ones to avoid?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you're talking about just point and shoot cameras, then I've had to say a higher quality smartphone camera would be your best option, assuming you need a new phone. Otherwise, a hundred or so bucks on a point and shoot digital camera can't be that bad of an option. DSLR cameras are definitely nice, although some of them are mighty expensive.

3. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your reply. Smartphones unfortunately take probably the poorest quality photos out of all the options available.

I am really looking for the next best thing to DSLR. Like as close as possible to the quality of photos a professional photographer would have, but in a point and shoot.

I saw a few options in the $300-$500 range and think that's going to be around the cost I might have to go with for I what I want. I'm just hoping for some recommendations!

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    There are some that are good if you're just planning on taking regular pictures, you can even probably pump out a great piece of photography from your iPhone's camera but the thing with SLR's that makes them really good are the lenses. Sony Cybershot's are pretty cool, you can also try your hand out with a Samsung. But if you ask me, just save up your money and invest on a very good DSLR.