Best Prices On Hotels

Discussion in Travel started by purplepen88 • Aug 11, 2015.

1. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Just wondering people's opinions on booking a hotel room online. Do the prices change from day to day? Should you book your room closer your date of arrival? Do the prices fluctuate throughout the day? Is it cheaper to book a room in the day or evening? What website has the best prices? I know sometimes hotels will match the cheapest online prices as well.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends what kind of hotel and where. Many do fluctuate from day to day, but few throughout the day. Cities will always go up in price and if there are events on around that time, like Halloween in Salem.

Some chains will guarantee their site will give the lowest price and they will match it, but I always check the hotel site first and then the other sites to see if they have got any other offers. Some sites offer discount codes and free stays with so many stays booked with them as a loyalty scheme, so that's worth looking at. If you sign up for the newsletters, most will send a discount code for your first stay.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whilst hunting for the cheapest hotels, since prices tend to change [influenced by numerous factors] you could use sites like trivago, expedia and kayak to find the best hotel deals. It's somewhat easier than visiting lots of websites and manually comparing prices. It's rather convenient.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, the prices of hotels change day to day. The booker said that it largely depends on the demand for accommodation and the exchange rate of the currency also affects the pricing no matter how slight. That's why they want you to book early so they would give you a guarantee for the hotel room. Otherwise you may miss out on a particular hotel.

5. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    Prices of hotels do change regularly, and you can't always get the best price. However, the best thing to do is always book in advance. Last minute bookings on the whole - whether they're plane tickets, holiday places or hotels - are always going to cost a lot more than a booking made well in advance. It also guarantees you a room. Hotel price comparing websites like Trivago can also be very useful in finding you the best price in a good hotel, and it's very easy to compare the different options on such websites.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those are some really good tips to save money. I have traveled for many years, and have seen the costs of hotels and motels go up to the point where they are really pretty unaffordable at this point. I tend to find some of the best deals at lodgings that are not necessarily chains, but offer a decent quality for the money. It pays to do a little footwork in advance to try to find the best prices on lodging.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    We just returned from a trip that I booked. The hotel was overpriced by our standards. On our first night the fire alarm went off at 6:40 am in the morning. The entire hotel had to evacuate. We not too impressed by the way it was handled by the hotel staff so my husband called down to complain. We were able to get free wifi in our room. He also mentioned that the elevator in the parking garage did not work. The gave us our parking for free for two nights so we saved $98 on parking. It pays to point out things at hotels as they are always willing to keep their customers happy by giving free things like breakfast, parking etc.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The prices change according to room availability. If the cheaper rooms are available the prices are better. I will usually book hotels online because it's easier to find the best price. I look for it usually a week or two ahead.

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Unless there is a trip that it is essential I don't miss, I will always book my hotel at the last minute, as this usually means that I am able to get the best possible deal on the room. I will think about a place that I would like to go, and will then book the hotel the night before. If I don't manage to get a good deal, then I will just go on the trip another time and it isn't really all that much of a problem. There is a lot of money to be saved on hotels a lot of the time, and there is no need to miss out on trips just because you don't think you can afford them.

10. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with you day by day prices changed, but dear sometimes it happens that rooms are not available on those days so, before the time we should keep on eye or book a room will be more better. I think everyone will book a room according to his afordibialty range so, I think this point not matter if you choose a right option. What will you say?

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Botswana hotels and lodges are slightly different in that they mainly change according to the peak and low seasons, not so much from day to day. Naturally, the prices tend to go up substantially during peak season. In between, the prices tend to stay the same.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know about all the factors, but calling the hotel instead of using a travel agency tends to get you better prices. I got this advice from a friend a while back and they usually give you good prices for booking directly with them.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with roki123. I saw a commercials about trivago where you can compare hotel prices of your choice of destination. It seems the best from the rest. There is kayak.com too that seems like a good place to start to compare prices and amenities. There's a lot of tours I see on island so maybe it's a good idea for the special kinds of tours you'd like to go on to research it too and see prices. If you go on tours they give you discount packages I know because my friend worked for a tour company and they get good rates. On Oahu there are tourist magazines with coupons and deals too that you might want to research too. Have fun for the research together is fun to do while deciding for your trip too. :p

14. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    I find that prices do fluctuate with more 'in-demand' days, and as well there are more expensive days to book your hotel rooms. I make sure that I always do a thorough search across the web before I book, but I frequently make sure that I refresh my cookies, as many of these websites can track your search data. I find that the process of searching for a hotel to be a fun experience, as many sites provide excellent and comprehensive reviews, as well as clear detailed pictures. I find that with hotels there is more flexibility over booking your hotel at the last minute, in comparison to flights which often become more expensive closer to the day. Do be aware that you could run into a jam if the city you are travelling to is holding a major event or conference.