Best Return Policy For Baby Stuff?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by CoolCat • Jun 20, 2015.

1. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    It seems the baby boom is starting up with my group of friends, so I expect I will be purchasing a lot of shower gifts in the near future. I know a lot of times parents end up with six of something they only need one of, or eight month's worth of newborn diapers that the kid will grow out of before they can use them. If I want to do my friends a favor and get them something that they can exchange for something more useful, where should I shop? I know if I include a gift receipt it's pretty easy, but if they lose the receipt or forget until after the return period is over, which stores are the most lenient in their policies?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Walmart will give you a store credit. I also like to shop with Amazon because you can keep a copy for yourself. I like to shop their registry so you make sure that you do not get a duplicate gift. Gift cards and cash are so much easier though!

3. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    Amazon returns are complicated. They aren't free for all products (even when purchasing directly from Amazon rather than a third party vendor), and they definitely don't let you make returns outside of the official window. I had gotten a duplicate wedding gift via my Amazon registry, and by the time I had sorted through everything and was ready to make the return Amazon wouldn't take it. I ended up bringing it to a brick and mortar store that carried the same product and getting store credit there.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I agree, Walmart is the best. I was given a lot of baby items, clothes, toys etc at one of my baby showers that I didn't want or need. I took the items to Walmart and even though the items weren't purchased there they gave me a gift card for the value of the items if they sold it at Walmart. No questions were asked, I just told them I received all these items at a baby shower.