Best rice noodles

Discussion in Product Reviews started by klarson • Sep 13, 2014.

1. klarson

klarsonNew Member

Threads:
    I'm gluten intolerant, which is one thing. But on top of gluten intolerance, I'm also allergic to potatoes. 99% of packaged gluten-free products contain potato, and most products that don't are dry, lumpy, crumbly, unappetizing, and difficult to cook properly.

Not Thai Kitchen noodles.

I've tried several varieties and they're all excellent. Obviously they're a different texture from wheat or egg noodles, but for someone who can't have wheat or potatoes, they really can't be beat. And trust me- I've tried everything. I'm a big fan of their ramen packs- I usually can't have the seasoning and/or the oil that comes with it, but I just throw my own seasoning in or some salt and a handful of chopped mushrooms and I'm good to go. Even my gluten-eating friends like these noodles.

2. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    It's always great to know of products and allergies. I love to cook for friends and family, and many have allergies to different things. I'll have to keep an eye out and give them a try at home.

3. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I really like them as well. If I am cooking these rice noodles, I tend to add some chopped up meat in, as well as some seasoning, and a little bit of chillies/chilli sauce. I think that the plain rice noodles absorb the flavoring very well, and that is probably why I quite like it.

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I stay away from gluten too so this is good for me. I have to look at the ingredients of everything because even if things say they don't have MSG, they still end up having hidden MSG. I will have to check out this rice if it doesn't contain MSG. It would be nice to find some rice (other than white) that doesn't contain MSG. Thanks for the recommendation.