Best Rubbing Alcohol

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Jan 27, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just go for the cheapest ones when I need to grab some rubbing alcohol. I've used the more expensive brands as well but I never really felt that much of a difference. They all smell the same to me, and I don't think one has more cleaning power than the other. The most I worry about is that the cheaper one might dry out my skin a bit easier but so far I haven't seen much of a difference there either.

Do you guys choose expensive when it comes to rubbing alcohol or do you not see much of a difference as well?

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    There are certain products I don't buy no name or cheap imitations for, but rubbing alcohol isn't one of them. I actually buy my rubbing alcohol and peroxide at the dollar store and both products are a dollar and seem to work just fine.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always buy either the cheapest one or the best-smelling cheap one. Alcohol is one of those products that seem to have the same quality, whether you buy the cheapest of the most expensive one, unlike shampoos and soaps.

4. brreeves

brreevesNew Member

Threads:
    I usually get the $1 big bottle at the dollar store or cheap section at Walmart. Works just as good as name brand, in my opinion! I can't imagine that there would be much of a difference in quality. If you're concerned, compare the active and inactive ingredients. This is true for many pharmacy products as well. The generic brand cold medicines are often just as good as name brands, at least in my experience from trusted places like Walgreen's or Walmart.