Best shampoo with fewest ingredients?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by klarson • Sep 13, 2014.

1. klarson

klarsonNew Member

Threads:
    My hair is finicky as heck. I started using a natural shampoo that had, like, five ingredients in it, and everything was fantastic! My hair looked amazing and just smelled like hair, no added scents. I can't get my old shampoo anymore, and now I'm trying to figure out what to do to replace it. Every other shampoo I try leaves my hair oily and my scalp dandruff-y... yuck! Any suggestions of shampoos without too many ingredients? Also, has anyone tried going no-poo- the whole acv-and-baking soda thing? I tried that once or twice but didn't have a lot of luck- any pointers I should know about?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear that the shampoo that once worked for you, doesn't seem to be on the market any more. I hate when I get used to a product that all of a sudden becomes discontinued. Unless you go to a health and wellness store, then its going to probably be hard to find a shampoo that doesn't have a ton of crap in it. I haven't tried the natural shampoo method yet but I'm sure there are some natural homemade shampoo recipes that may work for you.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    May I recommend to you a really wonderful online shop that I can't praise enough? Try iherb.com. I am one of their biggest fans. They have the best organic and environmentally friendly products that I have come across in a long time. And their prices are really excellent.
    They have a big selection of shampoos with all the ingredients listed. Who knows, you might even be able to find your favourite old shampoo there again. :)

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    That's sad. I used to buy those commercial shampoos, but I get dandruff, too. Now, I just use baby shampoo because it is much gentler not only on the hair, but on the skin, too.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm bad at buying shampoo that is natural, I actually hate spending too much money on shampoo and conditioner so I usually pick Tresemme or something like that. However, whenever I find the Yes To line on sale I'll get them in a heartbeat. My favorites from that line are Yes To Carrots and Yes To Cucumbers, they are made with very little harsh ingredients and are said to be made almost all with natural ingredients.