Best Smart Home Technology

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by kana_marie • Apr 29, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    If you've looked into smart home technology at all, I'm sure you ran across some really interesting gadgets. I like to search the Insteon products for things I will never be able to afford, but still want so bad! My favorite is the Insteon dimmers. When you turn your lights on, they slowly get brighter so your eyes can adjust, rather than all at once. What's your favorite gadget?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, Nest, Dropcam and WeMo are the best smart home tech brands available right now. They're all on the expensive side, considering smart home tech is a premium category. It all depends on what you want to do with the technology in your own home, and every single person's answer is going to be slightly different.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    It's true there are a lot of very good and innovative home products out now but I think if you want to keep your wallet happy you just have to ignore them for the time being because at best most of the more technologically advanced products would still be at their earlier stages and also there are a lot of them that exist mostly as a cash grab for the companies that make them rather than being actual helpful products. I think being able to distinguish between the two types would help a lot in finding the best gadgets that are useful and have a fair price.