Best Software For Video Editing

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pfaemaster • Jul 3, 2014.

1. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    What is the best software that you would recommend to make and create video clips. I want your opinions with regard to price, flexibility and control, user interface, effects library and other similar attributes.

So far my top list entails, Sony Vegas Pro, AVS, Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Elements. All these programs are quite top notch in terms of user flexibility and program usability. The price is quite high for a couple, though.

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that the best software is Adobe Premiere. It is one of the most versatile and most powerful software is out there. It's also very user-friendly. A lot of the professionals out there are using this very soft drink. There is also a lot of information and tutorials available on the Internet. YouTube is filled with so much information on how to use this program. The results you get with Adobe Premiere very phenomenal. I have personally used it for a lot of great pieces of work out there and I think that it is definitely a high standard product that gives you the quality that you expect.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I agree with lovemwaf, but if you are not content in spending lots of money on the software I would recommend Camtasia Studio. It's also a really powerful tool and I already made a lot of videos with it. It also comes with a screen recorder that's, in my opinion, stronger than Fraps, because you can Highlight your mouse, zoom in and even show your keypresses on-screen. It depends on what kind of videos you want to make but I think that's a great feature to have.

4. fivebyfive

fivebyfiveNew Member

Threads:
    The best software for video editing is kind of a complicated topic. If you have a MAC then you're going to want to use AVID Media Composer or Final Cut Pro. However, those are super expensive and if you're not doing a lot of editing there's no real point to wasted that much money spending on them. However the best software to use for a PC is Adobe Premiere which supports full integration with the other Adobe Software packages.

5. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say it's a very subjective question, there is no best software for video editing really it's just a matter of preference. But for me, my favorite would be Premiere Pro. Since my office incorporates an Adobe workflow it's obvious that Premiere Pro would be our choice when it comes to video editing. And besides that, it has a lot of good features and you can work really fast, it has some quirks but I think it's just minor.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what computer you are working with, and how big are the editing works you want to do...

Sony Vegas Pro is cool, because you'll be able to do great audio production after your vídeo is done.
    I guess that if you're planning on having a lot of effects and stuff, either Premiere or Final Cut are the best bet...

It's also about adapting to the software in order to have the best workflow possible...
    Some people are better with one, and other are better with another. At the end of the day, they pretty much do the same thing I guess...

I've used Final Cut, Premiere, and Sony Vegas.

7. tzbt827

tzbt827Member

Threads:
    I would highly recommend Sony Vegas Pro. I have used this software for years now and have no issues with it at all, it is professional software which has many different features for high quality video and audio production. It is quite expensive to purchase (around $600 I believe) but most people do not pay for the software.

8. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on your preference really, it could be either one of many that's the best. But I find using Adobe Premiere very suitable for me. I guess it's more of a work flow type of thing since I'm a Adobe geek but I really like it. I'm not much of a video editor so I like how I can use it even though I have little knowledge of how it really works.

9. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Final Cut Pro for pretty much my whole career as a video editor so I guess for me that's the best. But I think it all depends on your preference. Of course there are a lot out there that may or may not be the best editor out there but I have to say it's Final Cut for me.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I would stick with Adobe Premiere Pro since it's available on both Windows machines as well as Macs. The higher end video editing programs have a bit of a steeper learning curve since there are a ton of options and settings at your disposal. If you are going to put the time in to learn one of these, then it makes sense to go with one of the industry standards, such as Final Cut, Premiere or perhaps even Avid. I haven't worked in Final Cut in over 10 years, but from what I recall at the time, it was very similar to Premiere in many ways. I would go for the Premiere Pro though as opposed to Premiere Elements, mainly because a subscription to the Creative Cloud for just Premiere shouldn't cost you that much - I'm thinking less than $20 or so. Also, if your employer has volume licenses for Adobe products, you may be eligible for some discounts. Or if you happen to be a student, or have a kid who is currently in college, they get a steep student discount as well. A cloud license is good for up to two computers, so you could share the subscription with them.

I used to be a fan of the cheaper "Elements" versions of their Adobe apps, before this new cloud pricing plan. But now some of their Elements versions are so incredibly different from the Pro counterparts, that its like learning a new program all over again if you upgrade. I didn't like at all what they did with Photoshop Elements, it looks almost nothing like the full version of Photoshop. I am not sure if they gave a similar treatment to Premiere though.