Best Things To Buy At Aldi's

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ke Gordon • Oct 15, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am going to ALdi's today. I don't have much cash with me, but I need to buy a few items. I like the prices of their fruit, catfood, canned goods and sometimes milk,chees bread and coffee. What do you think is the best bang for the buck at Aldis?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best buys for my family have been; porridge oats, olive oil, tomato paste, vegetables, frozen items like pizza and hash browns and mayonnaise. Obviously they have specials on from time to time, but these are staples that are cheaper than most places. I quite like their pasta range too which is good value.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I got a gallon of cider for 2.99 that was quite a good buy I thought. I was disappointed with the overall selection though. I did get a few inexpensive items, but I don't think it was worth making a special trip to go there. I was in the general area, but had to go a few miles out of the way to go to Aldi's. I think I would have been better off going to Kroger's actually.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to Aldi's in a while since someone I don't like is now a cashier there, lol. But I do recall their spices being a good bargain. They are rather large containers, about 2x - 3x the size of a McCormick spice container, and only $1 each. Plus they are very fresh too - vibrant colors, no "grey" looking Paprika or Parsley. Granted the selection is more limited, you're not going to find curry powders, or crystalized ginger or saffron there, but they have the basics/staples most people use.

I was also pleased with their jarred pasta sauces, which were about $1 each. You can find $1 pasta sauces at a lot of dollar stores, but it's trial and error to find which ones are good. I would avoid any from Dollar Tree for example, but I've been pleased with Aldi's and Save-A-Lot's store brand sauces.

Aldi's refrigerated pizza's near the dairy stuff are pretty good too. They also have decent prices on their frozen entrees and other frozen staples.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I go to Aldi every week and do almost all my grocery shopping there. I have two more stores Coals and Woolworths but Aldi is closes to our place so we prefer going there. Besides being close to our place the liquor section of Aldi has great collection at great price too. I wish Aldi had more items on promotion as Woolworth offers which would make it even more attractive.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    There is great excitement in my town right now because we have an Aldi coming in May 2018. Our nearest one is a car journey away at the moment so it will be so much easier for us. It will be situated in the town centre so convenient for many people.

I love Aldi and Lidl products. I often marvel at how much I get for my money, two big bags of shopping for £20-25 is such a saving compared to other supermarkets.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Tropicana apple juice but it's pricey. Aldi have a version that looks the same and tastes as good for 99p compared to Tropicana at £2.49. It's not from concentrate so it's great value and a healthy drink. If you see it it's worth trying. Other items worth getting are some of their beauty products that are made by a well known high end German company. I have used the creams and serums and they are as good as premium brands.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @ohiotom76@ohiotom76 Does your Aldi store has just one payment counter? In Australia even a smaller Aldi store has at least 4 payment points besides the facility of self payment. However, I was myself not comfortable talking to one of the cashiers so I never went in that payment section even if that had least number of customers queuing up in that line.

#8Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2017