Best Time Of Year To Buy A Car!

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by BrandonScooterman • Oct 20, 2015.

1. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    You can do your own googlin' if you want (I encourage it actually) but experts agree that two times of the year are the best for buying a vehicle.
    August and September are where the deals can be found. Yes you can get better deals later in the year, BUT the inventory has dropped and you may not get exactly what you want. Plus they will be trying to move out lots of vehicles to make room for the next years models.
    Now within that time frame, it's good to buy your car later in the month (as the salespeople are trying to hit their #'s to get a bonus) and as well try to make an offer later in the day.
    Always remember most (if not all) car salespeople work off commission structure, so they really want to make a sale. Use this information to your advantage and happy shopping!

2. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    Inventory may drop at one lot, but that doesn't mean they can't get you the car you want. I car shop at a place that has 3 other locations in the state and I can see their inventory online at all 3 locations. I can go to the one nearest me and, if they don't have what I want, I tell them that their location at such-and-such city does, and they will get it on their lot within a few days.

Like you said, they want that sale. They need that commission to pay their bills.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Good tips - especially as a couple are some that many people may not be aware of.

I would however just add - that if meaning buying second hand vehicles - the very best time of year to get a really good deal on those - has - universally - always been considered to be around the time when new registrations come out - especially as there are generally some seriously good bargains and probably the best of the year - to be had around July and August - as dealers are keen to get rid of their trade-ins and old stock as quickly as possible - to make room for the new models and new registrations on 1 September.

Another good time of year to get a good deal is December and January - which as these two months are usually the quietest of the year - as people's attentions are generally geared more towards Christmas and New Year than cars - dealers and private sellers alike are more often than not - very keen to negotiate on price.

Oh and if wanting to buy a second hand convertible - the very best time to buy one of those and pick up a real bargain is generally when demand is low - during the winter months.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live, I would say it's at the end of the year and very beginning of the new year. It is summer vacation at this period, and it's also before Christmas and right after. So they make great sales for Christmas and then keep them up when they don't sell as much as expected, in January.
    I bought my car in July, and really wish I had waited until the end of the year.

5. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    Thanks Brandon, Though I haven't had the opportunity to buy new lately it does make sense that the dealerships need to move what they have before another year comes out. One thing I can tell you for a fact is you have to check out the dealership's reputation before you go because one Chevy Dealer is not necessarily going to give you the same price as the next.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to look at the end of the month. That is when dealerships are looking to get rid of their stock. December is good because they are trying to get rid of that years model before having to get another model in.

7. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Does this apply only to new cars? I always thought spring was the best time to buy a car, because if it's good after winter, then it must be a solid car. I don't think the savings are that massive from my own experiences, it's much more to do with used car supply.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    It seems like the whole Black Friday thing doesn't apply to vehicles. In other words, there are no specific days that are known, to everyone, as being discount car days etc.. However, though, the OP gave us one time of the year that is similar.

9. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to say that around December time is the best time of the year to buy cars. Since it is close to Christmas and deals of all sorts are usually available. Other than that, I would say over the summer might be another good time to buy cars. I've heard of some good summer deals here and there.

10. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you on this, timing is everything when it comes to buying a car and when best to get a great deal than the moment companies are looking to shift out the previous model in order to make room for new latest version or models. So therefore, I absolutely support going for a new car buy between August and September.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I should probably print this out and pin it up somewhere. I know that I will be needing a new car soon, like real soon, but I am always that person who will let it go until it absolutely dies on me. Maybe this is a good way to save a little bit though on a cost that I know is coming

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here, the best season for buying a new car is December to February. That is the time when new car models will be coming out so the previous year's model are being sold on big discount. Our Ford Escape is a 2012 model that we bought in January 2013 for a discounted price of around 15% versus the 2013 model. We decided on the 2012 since there is not much difference between the 2 models. We had saved more than $2,000 with that decision.