Best time to shop?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Bolt • Oct 18, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What is the best time of the year to shop? Are the January sales the best time for sales? In the US you have Black Friday but we don't really have Black Friday in the UK. There are sales throughout the year but what is the best?

2. youna

younaNew Member

Threads:
    I think from June to September. This period is off the season.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I read an article about some of the best prices not being around Black Friday. Particularly it was looking at small kitchen appliances. It did a comparison of last year and found most of those items were cheaper earlier in the year. I suppose it depends on what you're buying and how much research you want to do. I prefer online shopping because you can compare so much quickly.

4. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    It honestly depends on what kind of clothes you are buying. Seasonally, the best time to buy clothes is after the season. For instance, as we approach fall, you'll find a lot of summer clothes or bathing suits on sale as stores try to get rid of them. It's honestly not profitable for them to try to save it (and they know no one will buy it for full price when they can't use it) since new trends and new styles will be coming out the following season. As we approach spring and summer, you'll find that winter clothes, like accessories and jackets, will go on sale. Once you hit a certain age where you know that you will not fluctuate too much in size or in personal style, it will be easier to shop the sales and look for "classics" that will never go out of style.

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best time to shop is the end of august/beginning of September. There are usually a ton of deals going on... first for back-to-school and then for Labor Day. Also, in beginning of August, Florida has a Back-to-School Sales Tax holiday where we get 3 days of tax-free shopping on clothing and stuff. Cool stuff!!! :D I do a lot of my shopping then.

6. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what you're shopping for. Although stores have regular sales and clearances throughout the year, there are also specific times of the year that certain items are an especially good deal. In order to get an idea of what to look for, following a a deal site such as dealnews is a good idea. Here, you can take advantage of the deals and any coupon codes available for even greater savings.

7. A.P.W.

A.P.W.Member

Threads:
    Buy your summer clothing in the autumn/winter sales, try to buy things that are timeless. The kind of shapes that wont just go out of fashion from season to season. Colour wise be careful too as you wouldn't want to be wearing a bright pink summer type blouse in the middle of winter. This would be silly. If you can afford to....try and buy the best quality you can that will last you the whole season. The great thing about Marks and Spencers Clothing is that when you are done wearing the item you can take it to Oxfam and they give you a fiver a bag full. So on the whole, I would definately shop this year for next years clothing, especially children, because they grow at an amazing rate. You can often find sale items that are far too big for your child this year, which would be a good investment for the following year. this saves you heaps of money, because they are going to get some use out of them and you wont have to buy them at top prices the following season. Think about saving money ideas on moneysavingmom.com

8. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Here in the Philippines, the best time to shop is during the 'bear months' usually from November to January. Christmas is a big thing here so every now and then they go on sale. Plus the sales are really good. There's also countless of bazaars and 'tiangges' you can shop where things/clothes and etc are really cheap. :)

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I would imagine that the best time to buy clothes for any season is at the end of that season. In the spring time when they've started displaying all their spring fashions, for example, would be the best time to get a winter coat on sale.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Really depends on where you are and what you want to buy. I prefer to shop online, and during Christmas, they have the best promotions and huge discounts and lots of clearance items on sale. I don't mind the wait at all, but I have to rush to get the items in stock!

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would say after Xmas sales is the best time to shop. You can find all sorts of bargains in the stores. I love to go shopping after the holidays for household items at the white sales. There you can find some great sales and other items as well. You can save on your next Xmas decorating items also. All kinds of bargains can be had for little or nothing. I enjoy saving money and I know you do also.

12. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Well, for a fiscally prudent like myself, it's never a good time buy anything. However, the best time purchase something like clothes would be at the end of a season. If you want to buy pants and shirts for spring/summer then buy them in August or September. If you want to buy winter stuff then purchase it at the end of January.

For other stuff, wait a week after Christmas!

13. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I think two periods in a year are great for shopping: January/February and August/September. I love shopping then because most stores organise discounts or offer extra products.

14. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    As per my experience the best time for shopping is November and December. As Christmas and New Year is being celebrated in most of all countries. Because of such festivals we get great discounts at online sites. They provide awesome deals in these months. We can purchase good stuff at less price.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been quite disappointed with the January sales. I picked up a few items but they were not exactly cheap, even with 50% discount. I'm hoping the Spring sale will offer more value for winter clothing. My plan is to shop for winter clothes during spring/summer and vice versa.

16. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping on black friday however I feel that the best time to shop would be after each holiday. This is my favorite time to shop because many things tend to go on sale and on the clearance rack which makes you have a very good deal when you buy just about anything. I hope this helped you!