Best time tracking software

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Beautyspin • Jan 8, 2015.

1. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    If you are working for/on any online search evaluator jobs or you are any independent contractor or freelancer, then you will know that you have to track your time accurately and account for even minute disruptions in work as it effects your productivity.

I am currently using Paymo.com for this. I live in India and there are threats of power disruptions a lot and they are unscheduled. So I cannot rely on any solution that is cloud only is a no no for me. I needed something that has both cloud and PC based solution and Paymo has an added advantage that it also has Android app. And they sync. They have one user, 3 project limit for a free user which is fine for me, but might limit its usefulness for others. The developer is extremely responsive (He responded to a free user within 6 hrs for multiple queries, knowing fully well that I would not upgrade!).

It has a widget (Paymowidget) which can be used to start and stop tracking time manually if that is what you want and it syncs with the web. There is another app for windows, paymoplus, which automatically tracks all the activities so you know where you are wasting your time. It selectively syncs this info with cloud so that you can continue tracking and analysing the PC activities on the PC but only sync the project tasks to the cloud for further analysis.

Paymoplus is an advantage in the sense that most of the competing apps are either automatic loggers/trackers - like Paymoplus or manual loggers/trackers like Paymo widget and they are mostly cloud based or PC based. This really covers all the bases.

So a good choice, I reckon. Pls let me know if you know a better or similar software.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's hard to say what's really the best time tracking software out there as it all depends on your specific needs, which do not necessarily have to coincide with what other people need. Some efficient time tracking software worth considering are Time Sheet and EnterpriseIQ Time Tracking. The enterprises I once worked for utilized such software programs or similar versions.

3. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    You can use Evernote, it has a very good time tracking extension that can help you very much, depending on what extent you plan on using it. Besides that, it's very useful with may other things, like keeping track of things to do, or chores, even recipes, features that can all be very well integrated with the time tracking feature.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have not used a time tracking software till now, but I am planning to use it pretty soon. I think it is quite beneficial to understand and use the software once in a while but using it always will pressurise your mind and body.

5. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I track time using a simple chrome plugin called timetrack. There are many others that can do a lot more. If you want a full fledged software for tracking every second, take a look at

. Its free.

I use manic time extensively. If you leave your desk, it will ask you where you were and what not. It will generate timesheets.. I use the free version, but you can also pay more, if you want more features (which I don't).