Best Treatment To Get Rid Of A Stye Asap?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ohiotom76 • May 14, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For some bizarre reason, whenever I start using my air conditioning and/or have fans on while I am working at my desk (or sleeping), I often tend to get styes in my eyes that are pretty severe and stubborn at times.

I believe it has something to do with allergies and the times of year I'm using air or fans in the first place, since I often tend to get sick when pollen and ragweed are bad. But I thought using air conditioning instead of opening windows was supposed to *help*, not cause irritation.

Do any of you have any tried and true methods of getting rid of these quickly? I've tried the hot compresses, but the rags go cold too fast so I'm constantly running back to the sink every few minutes.

I've also tried an eyewash kit from my pharmacy, as well as eye drops, and some natural treatments such as tea bags and coriander seed tea. The tea bags and coriander seed tea soothed the itching a bit, and lowered the swelling slightly, but they came back a few hours later. Also, the tea bags stained my eye brown, lol, which I hope goes away soon too!

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely get styes, but when I do, they tend to be quite severe and painful. My way of dealing with them is to use warm chamomile compresses. I simply soak two cotton facial pads in organic chamomile tea and then leave them on my eyes for at least 30 minutes. I treat both of my eyes in order to be able to relax better. Usually the sty disappears in 1-2 days.