Best Vacuum Cleaners

Discussion in Home & Garden started by DrRipley • Jul 31, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd like to ask what vacuum cleaners your guys use at home. I'm about to buy a new vacuum cleaner because my previous one has gotten too old and I think the model is a bit outdated since it's too bulky and heavy and I'm sure there are a lot more lighter options nowadays that can do just as much. I'm mostly choosing between either a Dyson or an Abode, so hopefully some of you out there would have some experience with either and I'd love to hear yr thoughts on it. I'm mostly looking for something reasonable priced and can clean carpets best. Thanks!

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a Kirby this a company that has been around for years, works good to get the dirt and allegens out of the carpert. If you get all of the attachments it will also shampoo the carpets. I have used a Hoover and a Brissell but they do not compare to the Kirby.

3. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    Kirby definitely is the best brand. I used to use one and they can literally last a lifetime, they are that good. I would still be using mine but I busted the handle and it became impossible to push around comfortably anymore and so I was forced to buy a new vacuum. I ended up getting a Dirt Devil, because they are inexpensive and don't use disposable bags; a big plus for me because it means less waste to throw in the garbage.

Anyway, I miss using my Kirby (which still resides in a closet because my husband refuses to throw it away) but I'm content to use my Dirt Devil.

4. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I've been doing a lot of research on vacuums as of late and so far the top grades seem to go to Miele and Sedo in terms of manufacturers. There are specific vacuums from certain manufacturers that make the grade as well, but it's just those particular models -- names escape me at the moment. In any case, on average the best vacuums tend to be the bagged variants. I know most of us hate the idea of having to replace the bags, buy new ones (more expenses), but they tend to significantly do a better job than their cannister counterparts.

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have an old National brand vacuum cleaner which I thought was very good until it short circuited. It was very reliable so I stuck with the brand and bought a Panasonic vacuum cleaner. I like it for its compact design and the choice of using paper bags and a plastic container for the trash I suck up. I can also adjust its sucking power.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh we have the same brand of vacuum cleaner, it's also National, and it's been with us for decades already. We seldom use it though, so I don't know if it's really that durable. How many years did your vacuum cleaner last and did you use it often? Ours get used like once or twice a year only.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Dyson, and I absolutely LOVE it ! It is lightweight and yet does an awesome cleaning job. Before that I had an Amway Cleartrak vacuum, and I used it for over 15 years, and it cleaned everything ! However, as I am getting older, it is getting harder for me to use those monster heavy vacuumss, and the Dyson does the same joband weighs much less.
    Many years ago, i had a Kirby (after watching the sales demonstration) , and I would never, never, NEVER have another one of those, even if it were free ! !

8. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Rainbow is the best vacuum cleaner for me. It uses water to gather dust instead of a bag and pretty strong as well. The one we are using now was owned by my mom for almost a decade. My husband just replaced the water tub and it's working like new.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used a vacuum cleaner in years because we have no carpet in the house. But when I did use a vacuum cleaner in another house I used one with a Hepa filter (its horrible that I can't remember the name) but I have pets so I needed that filter. I've heard that Dyson is suppose to be really good but very expensive. I like the idea of a vacuum never loosing its suction (if it really never does.)