Best vehicle for large families?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by anniep1978 • Sep 5, 2012.

1. anniep1978

anniep1978New Member

Threads:
    With a new baby on the way, we are out of room in our little 7 seater minivan :eek:. Our blended family with have a total of 6 ducklings once this baby is born. I swore up and down I would never drive a large van. Do I need to get over that?
    Are there other vehicles that you might recommend? We would be buying used. Gas mileage is important, but I know with a big car comes a bigger gas bill.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that Ford Mondeo is great for large families. It's big, safe, comfortable, affordable and good to drive. In my opinion, Vauxhall Insignia is also a good choice. My friend has a large family and she is quite satisfied with it.

3. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Of course you need a bigger van. As asuna have said bigger vans like Ford Mondeo is really best suitable.

If you want just look for car dealers who would accept trade ins. Just trade your old minivan and add additional cost to what you have agreed upon with the dealer. That is pretty much what my dad has been doing all these years to get a new car.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Nobody has mentioned a wagon. Does anyone think vans or SUVs are a better deal than a wagon for families?

Actually, SUVs have less space than a station-wagon. In addition, they are less fuel efficient. Nonetheless, adults and kids alike seem to prefer the high seats. They don't like feeling cramped in a low place.