Best weather app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Jun 15, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We just transferred to a place where there's a high possibility of flood. That's why I needed to install an app to monitor the weather. And I went for AccuWeather. I think it's pretty good because it shows the daily weather and hourly weather and temperature and other things. It's not very accurate though. Any other weather app recommendations?

2. Grapejars

GrapejarsNew Member

Threads:
    Just Don't Do The Weather Channel App

I've been looking for a replacement to Weather Channel. It has been slow and is now very clunky to get around. The radar is usually old, or cannot load. I've also been having trouble getting it to remember my location. This has been my go to for years, and have been disappointed with each update. If anyone knows of a solid weather app, please let me know.

3. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    I just use the default weather app, I don't really see a need for getting a different one since it gives me the info I need. Temperature, and will it rain or not, that's about it.

4. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    The only weather app I use is Weatherbug. Like most forecasts it can be wrong. Though, I find that it is pretty accurate. It also has a lot of cool features that I just love. It lets me see today's forecasts, and 10 days forecasts. It sends me alerts in case of severe weather or amber alerts. It has a hurricane center on it. It also allows you to check out the dopplar radar in motion. Also, it shows me the temperature at the top of my phone. The newest feature is it shows you when there is lightning nearby. I love this app, and the best part is, it is free.

5. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    I use both Accuweather and the default iPhone weather app. There never seems to be much of a difference between the two forecasts. The most there ever is is a difference of a degree. They both work accurately enough for me, though you can never 100% predict the weather but I'm happy with these apps success rates.