Betty Crocker pots and pans

Discussion in Product Reviews started by dconklin • Apr 18, 2013.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I know that they are not as cheap as some POTS AND PANS you can buy at Walmart, but I wanted to let everybody know how great Betty Crocker's pots and pans are. They really are worth the money and you will probably save money in the long run since they will last. I don't know about any non stick pans they may sell tho, I have a stainless steel pots and pans set.

I got mine as a gift and 13 years later, I am still using them everyday - they have been through abuse from me over the years. I love this set and would be lost without them! The bottom is a little thicker and evenly heats across the whole bottom, not as much in just one spot. I even use my frying pan to make crepes without them sticking. I have not been able to successfully make omelets in them yet tho, but I don't make them often and use my cheap non stick pan for omelets.

If you are looking for a great long lasting set of pots and pans, Betty Crocker ones are definitely worth it in my opinion.

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Are they a particular model or series within the Better Crocker brand? I'm sure they make some that might not perform as well. I'm in desperate need of a real set of cookware (that's affordable) since I mostly prepare my food, now.

I've got a pan from my Mom's house many, many years ago when I was first stepping out on my own. That pan still looks and performs the same as when I first got it! It was already old when I got it. I think the bottom might be copper? Anyway, my point is that these things can last a lifetime when you get the right ones.

The cheaper ones perform well, but don't last. I've gotten pans and skillets from Family Dollar that do well, but only last about a year. Of course, I didn't expect much from those.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I heard these were good but yes they are a little bit expensive but I have a friend who uses these pots and pan set I forgot the name of them but they are cheaper and she says they work just as good.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for your review on these pots and pans. I have heard of the Betty Crocker brand of baking and cooking equipment. But like others I was somewhat turned off by the price of them. However, if they work as effectively as you claim and are made more durable, then they might be worth investment. After all, in time these pots and pans could pay for themselves because they would be able to stand all the wear and tear involved in cooking items.

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure how expensive mine were as they were a gift, but I love mine! I haven't had any problems with mine at all throughout the years. The copyright date on the bottom is 1997 but I got mine in either 2000 or 2001 and going strong. I don't have a big frying pan with the set tho and so I have bought a big frying pan from the store (not BC brand) and I have had to replace the cheaper pan a few times over the few years.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't find a particular model and the box is long gone since they are about 13 years old. They are stainless steal and they are not non stick. They have 18/10 on them which I believe helps to identify them. Also it has on the bottom 1997 General Mills Inc below the Betty Crocker. Mine are older and they were a gift so it is possible that they are a bit different now, but I can say that mine have lasted through my abuse and all my pans are still in perfect condition. They will cost a little more tho, but to me they are well worth it.